Nebula on Tolly report - facts you should know

Zyxel_Lai
Zyxel_Lai Posts: 99  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited July 2022 in Nebula CC New Release

Hello Nebula fellows,

Some of you may have noticed that Tolly released a report sponsored by Netgear last month, comparing Netgear Insight Pro with Zyxel Nebula and Ubiquiti Unifi. Unfortunately, this paid report contains several outdated, incorrect information and analysis of us; here're the facts of Nebula to prove you made the right choice  =)

What’s more important but not mentioned…

Comments

• RUnglaube
    RUnglaube Posts: 135  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2018
    Well played and thanks for the clarification!

I'm fine with netgear sponsoring it but why does Tolly need to go sooo bias that makes it this obvious? 
    "You will never walk along"
  • Alfonso
    Alfonso Posts: 257  Master Member
    Thank you very much for the clarification.

Customers must be well informed, i agree this channel is great to refute this kind of manipulated report.
  • WebberIT
    WebberIT Posts: 53  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
    Probably not manipulated, might be just cherry picking the right stuff for an analysis report.

I've tried a few so called "cloud-based" networking gadgets before, and to be honest excluding big brother Cisco, most of them are so limited in either features or utility.
    The funniest IMO is requiring specifc hardware on LAN for cloud control, thats totolly bs in terms of fully fledged cloud, it's only a balloon if you ask me.

Anyways I think this clarification is a good for consumers. We have the right to be informed the correct information. Cheers!
  • Alfonso
    Alfonso Posts: 257  Master Member
    Hi @WebberIT

Maybe the best world is not "manipulated", commissioned (and paid) is a better one.

I miss Zyxel did not provide a link to the document, although it is easy to find.

Cheers 
  • CrazyTacos
    CrazyTacos Posts: 53  Ally Member
    Email reports not supported in Nebula is a major oversight for Tolly.
    Whether they were commissioned or not, thorough research is necessary or else they lose what credibility they have.