Flex 700H reboots and issue

Options
ticsystems
ticsystems Posts: 59  ZCNE Certified
First Anniversary ZCNE Security Level 1 Certification - 2020 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude

Hy team.

I'm having serious issue with two 700H firmware 1.10(ABZI.1).

One of them had to go out of production and I had to buy a Flex700 and the problems were gone.

I have random reboots and system crashes.
One of the issue is that it seems that the device works but it does not assign DHCP and you cannot access it. I set a static IP and I can't access it via GUI. In console I can ping all interfaces, but the firewall is still blocked. Restarting solves the problem.

Another issue. Sometimes, when I connect a Zyxel 1 meter DAC or other DAC cable to the SFP+ module it restarts automatically. This is a problem because my ISP works with SFP+.
I have a video where the error appears.
With a cable in the console the error does not appear, it just restarts.

Another issue is that I cannot use any Transceiver because my 700H cannot work with them.

Another issue is that through SFP+ and DAC between switches is not correct. The vlan assignment is incorrect. By switching to copper the problems were solved.

I think the problems are in the SFP+ module

Since October it has been one problem after another....
I have tried to open support tickets but I have no response from Zyxel and I am desperate.

I have a 700H in a box and the licenses are running and another one in production that the customer is starting to get angry.

I need help, urgently....

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,802  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Its a whole new OS so problems are going to happen I guess the SFP+ module where not tested all that well sadly...

as a workaround for your ISP by SFP+

https://www.amazon.co.uk/10Gtek-Ethernet-Converter-1000Base-Tx-Transceiver/dp/B01MG48FD5/ref=sr_1_9

• ticsystems
    ticsystems Posts: 59  ZCNE Certified
    First Anniversary ZCNE Security Level 1 Certification - 2020 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude
    Options

Peter, it's what I do but this cooper makes me lose internet packages. The router is an Accedian and it is special. Just like Cisco.