NR7101 5G NSA and CA combo

Options
Romeor
Romeor Posts: 15  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hello,

Have another issue with NR7101. When I restart the modem, it comes online and for some minutes or even hours calls for additional CA RFCNs and have great internet speeds up and down. But after a while modem locks itself to only one LTE and only one 5G RFCN (in my case BC3 and N28). It does not matter, what I do - start a lot of downloads on devices - no CA RFCN-s. If I restart or disconnect/connect to 5G network, I can see again more RFCN-s in CA combo. When I set my modem to work in LTE mode, there is no such an issue.

Any thoughts?

I've made a video of this issue here

https://1drv.ms/f/s%21Am7cgQtnTCnUs3m-DkiiCV4m252x

Current Firmware Version: 1.00(ABUV.7)C0 and 1.00(ABUV.8)C0 behave the same way.

Current LTE Module Version: RG502QEAACR13A02M4G_ZYXEL.

Can I downgrade to some older LTE module FW version?

Or could it be a limitation from network side?

Best Answers

• Romeor
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Got it. It is kind of a misspeaking between NR7101 and Nokia BST. This modem located around 6 km away of BST and for some reason, when it comes up, it uses n78 (3500 mhz) 5G, but does not show it anywhere in statistics. I understood it when installed Huawei 5G modem next to it and it was showing it. So after 15 minutes BST denies using 3500 Mhz as it too far way for it and modem locks itself to two basic frequencies one base LTE which it booted to and n28. When I disabled N78 from the Cellular Band menu, it behaves normally and I can see additional LTE-s in CA combo. I guess LTE module SW needs a patch, as it is a bug.

• Romeor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, seems like the main issue is when modem comes online on BC3 (1800Mhz) LTE as base frequency, it can't combine anything to CA anymore even in LTE mode, LTE-A does not go active. If I filter BC3 out of available list, it comes on BC1 and CA is working right. Seems like limitation or bug.

• Romeor
    Answer ✓
    Options

nope. after some time it still fails to get anything to CA combo beside it's main frequency and N28.

• Romeor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nokia MBST issue. might be fixed with new SW.

All Replies

• Romeor
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Got it. It is kind of a misspeaking between NR7101 and Nokia BST. This modem located around 6 km away of BST and for some reason, when it comes up, it uses n78 (3500 mhz) 5G, but does not show it anywhere in statistics. I understood it when installed Huawei 5G modem next to it and it was showing it. So after 15 minutes BST denies using 3500 Mhz as it too far way for it and modem locks itself to two basic frequencies one base LTE which it booted to and n28. When I disabled N78 from the Cellular Band menu, it behaves normally and I can see additional LTE-s in CA combo. I guess LTE module SW needs a patch, as it is a bug.

• Romeor
    Options

Nope. Not this. At the morning still same issue. Only BC3 and N28 locked and nothing comes in CA more.

• Romeor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, seems like the main issue is when modem comes online on BC3 (1800Mhz) LTE as base frequency, it can't combine anything to CA anymore even in LTE mode, LTE-A does not go active. If I filter BC3 out of available list, it comes on BC1 and CA is working right. Seems like limitation or bug.

• Romeor
    Answer ✓
    Options

nope. after some time it still fails to get anything to CA combo beside it's main frequency and N28.

• Romeor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nokia MBST issue. might be fixed with new SW.

Consumer Product Help Center