VoIP config on EX3301-T0

Options
rh43
rh43 Posts: 8
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 2 in Home Router

How can I set up VoIP SIP accounts on a EX3301-T0?

The manual only talks about checking the status via System Monitor>VoIP Status, and I cannot even find that.

What to do?

Accepted Solution

• rh43
    edited January 8 Answer ✓
    Options

I bought it used, so it may well be a device that has come from an ISP.

Creating a new admin user didn't make any difference, but erasing the ROM-D and data partitions via the CLI did. After a reboot the VoIP menu is showing on my EX3301-T0. Thanks for your suggestions.

All Replies

• Liba
    Liba Posts: 109  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments First Answer
    Options

I think when you log into the device, you can find the VoIP settings in the menu.

• rh43
    Options

Thank you for your suggestion, @Liba.

There are no visible VoIP settings in the menu between Security and System Monitor on my EX3301-T0, running Firmware Version V5.50(ABVY.4)C0. How can I find it or enable it in the GUI?

• Peter2
    Peter2 Posts: 59  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 6
    Options

You have to log in as admin not as user - did you ?

You are shure to have the EX3301-TO device with Voip and two green phone ports on the back ?

Or the EX3300-T1 device without such Voip phone ports for splitter telephony use ?

• rh43
    Options

Hi @Peter2

Thanks for chiming in:)

Yes, it is a EX3301-T0 (label says so), and it has two green phone ports and a blue ethernet wan port. I log in with the admin account and password from the label on the back. VoIP settings did not appear after a firmware upgrade and factory reset.

I found no obvious voice or VoIP section in the configuration backup file.

• Peter2
    Options

So may be you have a special ISP version and some Menu points are disabled . The ISP configures VoIP and you cannot even see the config . May be you dont know your own sip data too .

But if VoIP functions correct it might be ok - VoIP config is rather complicated with many possible options there and so everything is configured ok in sense of ISP .

What happens when you create an new admin account ?

• rh43
    edited January 8 Answer ✓
    Options

I bought it used, so it may well be a device that has come from an ISP.

Creating a new admin user didn't make any difference, but erasing the ROM-D and data partitions via the CLI did. After a reboot the VoIP menu is showing on my EX3301-T0. Thanks for your suggestions.

• Peter2
    edited January 16
    Options

This was interesting , i looked too and another solution might be only to disable "modelcheck" and "fwidcheck" for normal firmware upgrade ….

Consumer Product Help Center