LTE 3302 SSH permission denied (pubkey)

Options

Could do with some assistance to get SSH up and running on my LTE3302. I've activated remote management and SSH keeping the ssh port on 22. When I try to ssh using root@192.168.x.x I get as far as verification of the RSA key, but then receive a permission denied status due to pubkey authentication see last line in screenshot.

Bearing in mind there doesn't appear to be any access to add or amend keys in the GUI and telnet also appears not to work. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

FYI, I have the modem router in bridge mode and WiFi disabled.

All Replies

• al_ross
    al_ross Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Should also add that the reason I'm trying to do this is to have a Home Assistant automation to be able to restart the modem remotely if it needs a refresh of IP. Can't do this though without having access to SSH to reboot.

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 9
    Options

Hello @al_ross

Happy New Year.

Welcome to the forum.

Can you please tell us which model of LTE3302 you have and which firmware version?

- It will help us all find the right manuals and information to assist you.

Kind regards,

Tony

• al_ross
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Tony

Happy new year to you too.

It's an LTE3302-M432

I've pasted the firmware details below for reference

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 10
    Options

Hi @al_ross

You're welcome.

I have searched the Zyxel download library at https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/support/download?model=lte3302-m432

According to the user guide at https://download.zyxel.com/LTE3302-M432/user_guide/LTE3302-M432_V1.00.pdf from 2017, it appears that the device does not support SSH for remote management.

Only HTTPS and HTTP it seems.

Have you got some web config screenshots you can show please?

Kind regards,

Tony

• al_ross
    First Comment
    Options

Hi,

You're right, it doesn't in the manual, but it does on the GUI. Please see below. The SSH option is visible in the remote management section. I'm wondering if the firmware was updated but the manual wasn't. When I run Nmap in Linux terminal I do get an open port for SSH though.

Consumer Product Help Center