N-4100 used as a secondary router

Options
Obiwan_Pierogi
Obiwan_Pierogi Posts: 10  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment

I have a password protected D link connected to my xplornet modem.. Is it possible to connect via ethernet cable, from a lan port on the d-link router, to the wan port on my zyxel N-4100 router.. Which in turn is in turn set to non-authentication, but allows numerous connections to the internet, but yet allows me to control the speeds to the users..
If possible what changes would In have to make? Please reply also to johnny1000@rocketmail.com Thanks

All Replies

• Liba
    Liba Posts: 109  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments First Answer
    Options

I think can connect dlink and zyxel router via ethernet cable. But you may need to change some settings on both devices.

• Obiwan_Pierogi
    Obiwan_Pierogi Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

The N-4100 does have the ability to add a password, but it only works on one transmitter connected to a LAN.. Tonight I tried connecting my D-link router, to the xplornet modem, as my d link has a password.. Then I ran a line from a Lan connection on the Dlink router, to the WAN connection on my N-4100.. I was hoping it would work, that if people went to sign in via my N-4100, it would echo back to the Dlink router, then ask for the password of the router, before allowing access to the non authenticated N-4100.. Sadly, the access through the xplornet modem, would not allow the signal to go through the N-4100

Consumer Product Help Center