FTP on local home network does not connect

Options
JeremyP99
JeremyP99 Posts: 11
Friend Collector First Comment

I had this problem before, and it was resolved by a change in Nebula but I don't know what was done. I have an FTP server, which can be accessed externally. When I try to access it using another PC in the house, which uses an access point, it times out. I can ping the IP address.

Even when I switch WiFi off on the device, it is still timing out. I recall you told me to set something in the Access Point setting in Nebula, but cannot recall, and as my tech skills are too old to handle this stuff, can you advise? There was a setting that blocked some network access, but I can't remember what it is, but I want it NEVER to be on, for any devices, fixed or temporarily using the network

Please advise. And copy response to jeremypoynton@pm.me, as I log in using the ID of the person who set this up for me

Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @JeremyP99

To better understand your current situation, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with the following information:

1. Have there been any changes to your network topology since the previous issue you mentioned in this thread? If so, please share the latest topology with us.
    2. What is the ping latency when you attempt to ping the FTP Server?
    3. Does the timeout issue occur when the PC is connected to every SSID or only with a specific SSID?
    4. Is the timeout event occurring randomly or consistently?
    5. If you access your FTP server through a wired connection, does the symptom persist?

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks