I’m a Linux/MAC user, how can I make my switch back to online status?

Options
Zyxel_Melen
Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,716  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited 5:48AM in Other Topics

Since ZON only supports Windows, Linux/MAC users cannot use ZON to scan their switch. To make the switch back to online status, please follow the below steps:

1. If the switch is still offline after 5-10 minutes, please check your firewall’s/router’s DHCP lease table to find your switch’s IP address and log in to it.
  2. Please follow this FAQ to check your problem.
  3. If you cannot find the IP address, please isolate your switch and press the restore button for 10 seconds to reload the factory default.
  4. Please make sure your PC has a static IP address (ex. 192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0).
  5. Connect your PC to the switch and access its default IP address. (192.168.1.1)
  6. Configure your switch with a static IP address, a default gateway, and a DNS server.
  7. Connect it back to your network.
  8. Navigate to the diagnostic page and ping “8.8.8.8” to check the Internet connection and ping “d.nebula.zyxel.com” to check the DNS resolution ability.
  9. Check if your firewall has blocked the netconf protocol (4335/6667) or MTU size is not 1500.

If you encounter any other issues, please create a post here and tag @Zyxel_CSO, or simply create a ticket directly."

Zyxel Melen