I’m a Linux/MAC user, how can I make my access point back to online status?

Options
Zyxel_Melen
Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,680  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Since ZON only supports Windows, Linux/MAC users cannot use ZON to scan their access point (AP). To make the AP back to online status, please follow the below steps:

1. Please reboot your AP by replugging the power cable or the ethernet cable.
  2. If the AP is still offline after 5-10 minutes, please check your firewall’s/router’s DHCP lease table to find your AP’s IP address and log in to it.
  3. Please follow this FAQ to check your problem.
  4. If you cannot find the IP address, please remove the firewall/router from the switch and press the reset button for 10 seconds to reload the factory default.
  5. Please make sure your PC has a static IP address (ex. 192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0).
  6. Connect your PC to the same switch with your access point, and access its default IP address. (192.168.1.3)
  7. Configure your AP with a static IP address, a default gateway, and a DNS server.
  8. Connect back your firewall/router.
  9. Navigate to the diagnostic page and ping “8.8.8.8” to check the Internet connection and ping “d.nebula.zyxel.com” to check the DNS resolution ability.
  10. Check if your firewall has blocked the netconf protocol (4335/6667) or MTU size is not 1500.

Zyxel Melen