nas542 firmware v5.21 abag.12 + ZyxelDrive

Options

I wish you a good day. I have two problems. 1st: I have a problem pairing my NAS542 with myZyxelCloud. The current NAS firmware version is V5.21(ABAG.7). I enter pairing on the myZyxelCloud page, but after 5 seconds it says: the device was not found. The pairing button does not flash on the NAS542. 2.: After logging in to the NAS542, the system offers me a V5.21(ABAG.9) firmware update, but after starting the update, an error appears: Connection to the server failed to establish. I am asking for your help. well thank you

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,618  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

2: There is no V5.21 ABAG.9 on the server. The one the server is offering now is ABAG.13. If your box doesn't know that, in combination with your problems in 1, I suppose your NAS can't access the internet. Are your default gateway and dns correct?

• MichalK
    MichalK Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Options

Unfortunately, the update does not work. I don't know where to start. Even after entering DNS manually, the problem persists. Can you give me more advice?

• Mijzelf
    Options

In the 'Network Diagnose' tab you should be able to ping both 8.8.8.8 and google.com. If the first fails, there is a problem with the default gateway. If the second fails, there is a problem with the DNS.

About the default gateway, I see you have it on LAN1. Are you sure that connection is used? And have a look in the 'Network Interface' tab to see which default gateway LAN1 uses.

• MichalK
    First Comment
    Options

I set everything to "automatic", it worked and even found the new firmware, which it downloaded and installed. And again I have a problem with ping, because even www.google.sk and 8.8.8.8 doesn't work, but a few minutes ago it worked.

• MichalK
    First Comment
    Options
  • MichalK
    First Comment
    Options

This is my connection of elements in the network. I still can't pair the NAS with the ZYXEL drive.
    It finds it on the site, but I can't pair it.

• Mijzelf
    Options

If 'ping 8.8.8.8' sometimes works, and sometimes not, the NAS doesn't have a reliable internet connection. It's the lowest level test which can be used for this. What happens if you try 'ping 8.8.8.8' from another client in your network?

Then the 'provider router'. You have double NAT, which means that even if the NAS can find the uPnP router, portforwards still won't work, because there's another router between the forwarded port and the public internet interface.

• MichalK
    First Comment
    Options

When I ping my PC 8.8.8.8, everything runs fine.

The NAS has two network cards. If I were to connect the cable from the provider's router to the LAN2 port of the NAS, would that be enough?
    Or is it better to set it up through my local router?
    If through a local router, I would need some advice on how to...

• Mijzelf
    Options

The NAS has two network cards. If I were to connect the cable from the
    provider's router to the LAN2 port of the NAS, would that be enough?

Maybe. Depending on the actual problem. At least uPnP might work. You'll have to set the default gateway (as in the first screenshot in this thread) to the port which is connected to the Provider router.

Consumer Product Help Center