NWA50AX - wifi client looses connection

Options
kaajee
kaajee Posts: 1

I have two NWA50AX at my site. One (living room) is hard wired to my modem the other (central hall) is wireless connected to the root AP. Smart mesh is on, as well as Smart steering and DCS scheduling. Also Assisted roaming and 802.11r are enabled.

All works okay, but there is one device/client (smart wifi speaker) which looses its wifi connection all the time. Sometimes after 1 day sometimes a little longer, but is does loose it. When lost, it does not reconnect automatically, only powering off and on the speaker/device works.

I believe it is definitely the second, wireless \connected AP (Hall) which causes this. This is the AP where the speaker is connected to (closest by). I tried putting the speaker close to the first (main/root) NWA50AX AP and it stayed connected for over a week or so. Also i tried a different (brand) AP (my old one) just for testing, and with this one connection stayed okay as well.

What can cause this lost connection and i can i fix it?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 499  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello @kaajee

All works okay, but there is one device/client (smart wifi speaker) which looses its wifi connection all the time. Sometimes after 1 day sometimes a little longer, but is does loose it. When lost, it does not reconnect automatically, only powering off and on the speaker/device works.

⇒ Do you mean that the speaker lost the WiFi connection after being connected for about a day, and rebooting the speaker has been the only way to re-establish the connection?

Are any other devices experiencing similar connectivity issues? It would be helpful if you could provide the model name of the speaker and any other devices facing the same problem.

Additionally, to assist you more effectively, we recommend enabling Zyxel Support Access. Please also provide the name of the speaker (or its MAC address) if you have multiple speakers on your site. You can send this information via private message for privacy reasons.

Zyxel Nami

Nebula Tips & Tricks