HELP !!! for manage Switch GS1920-24v2

MSAISON
MSAISON Posts: 7
First Comment
edited February 4 in Switch

Hello everybody,

I have two ZYXEL GS1920-24v2 switches connected together by a pair of fiber on SFP port No. 27
Example: I want to plug something into port 3 of switch 1 and recover the flow on port 3 of switch 2 by isolating them from the other ports. and use the same way for the other ports: port 4 of switch 1 to port 4 of switch 2
I configure the switches by creating a VLAN but I'm missing something for it to work and it seems to be escaping me. I would like some help.
THANKS

Best Answers

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    Answer ✓

Ok so the setup I listed in first post is what you want

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,290  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    Answer ✓

Hi @MSAISON,

To isolate the ports you request from the other ports, you may reference the configuration below:

1. Please navigate to Menu > Switching > VLAN > VLAN setup, and click the add/edit button to create a new VLAN.
    2. Create VLAN 10 and fix port 1. I assume this port will receive untagged packets. Please unselect the TX Tagging.
    3. To make VLAN 10 on switch 1 and switch 2 communicate with each other, please fix your connected port and select the TX Tagging. (I use port 10 as my connected port.)
    4. And so as other VLANs.
    5. Select VLAN 1 and click the add/edit button.
    6. Remove the ports you want to isolate. Please select normal to remove these ports from VLAN 1.
    7. Please navigate to VLAN Port Setup to change the Port VLAN ID(PVID).

And here's a quick way to copy switch 1's configuration to switch 2 since both switches' configurations are the same.

1. Please navigate to Menu > MAINTENANCE > Configuration > Backup Configuration to back up the running config on switch 1.
    2. Please navigate to Menu > MAINTENANCE > Configuration > Restore Configuration to restore the configuration from switch 1 to switch 2.

Note: If your switches are using static IP, please remember to change the IP address before restoring the configuration.

Hope it helps.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    edited February 4

Ok so you have VLAN 1 untage on all ports with all ports PVID 1

Forbidden for VLAN 1 on ports 3 and 27 on both switches then add new VLAN 101 all ports Forbidden but untag port 3 and tag port 27 on both switches set PVID for port 3 to 101 on both switches

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @MSAISON,

Could you share more details about your scenario? Is port 3 on both switches using different VLANs to other ports? And the same as port 4?

• MSAISON
    First Comment

HI,

I want to match each respective port

Switch 1 Switch 2

port 2 (====) port 2

port 3 (====) port 3

port 4 (====) port 4

the same thing on all ports

Thanks

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @MSAISON,

Thanks for sharing your ideal connection. However, we are not clear about your scenario. Could you describe it in more detail? Why do you need to use this as a recovery? Is this used to recover the connection between switch 1 and 2?

• MSAISON
    First Comment

``
    ````

Hi ,

Here is a diagram to explain my scenario, I hope to make myself understood.

• PeterUK

guessing its like this?

• MSAISON
    First Comment

Yes that's fine

• PeterUK

so in building A the switch FAI has VLANs or is untagged to port 1 on the GS1920-24v2 as uplink or another port?

• MSAISON
    First Comment

No not untagged on port 1.

1 port of the FAI switch is assigned to an "alarm report"

example : port 16 of the FAI switch connected to port 4 of switch 1

I recover on port 4 of switch 2

the 2 switches allow the gateway between two buildings

• PeterUK
    Answer ✓