MSAISON Posts: 7
    First Comment

Ok thanks !

I'm testing today.

• MSAISON
    MSAISON Posts: 7
    First Comment

I'm so sorry !!!

Can you give me more details on the first post?

What's the configuration to have an Admin port?

thanks

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,291  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    Answer ✓

Hi @MSAISON,

To isolate the ports you request from the other ports, you may reference the configuration below:

1. Please navigate to Menu > Switching > VLAN > VLAN setup, and click the add/edit button to create a new VLAN.
    2. Create VLAN 10 and fix port 1. I assume this port will receive untagged packets. Please unselect the TX Tagging.
    3. To make VLAN 10 on switch 1 and switch 2 communicate with each other, please fix your connected port and select the TX Tagging. (I use port 10 as my connected port.)
    4. And so as other VLANs.
    5. Select VLAN 1 and click the add/edit button.
    6. Remove the ports you want to isolate. Please select normal to remove these ports from VLAN 1.
    7. Please navigate to VLAN Port Setup to change the Port VLAN ID(PVID).

And here's a quick way to copy switch 1's configuration to switch 2 since both switches' configurations are the same.

1. Please navigate to Menu > MAINTENANCE > Configuration > Backup Configuration to back up the running config on switch 1.
    2. Please navigate to Menu > MAINTENANCE > Configuration > Restore Configuration to restore the configuration from switch 1 to switch 2.

Note: If your switches are using static IP, please remember to change the IP address before restoring the configuration.

Hope it helps.