How to use Antenna ports in Nebula FWA510 ?

Options
Fadhil
Fadhil Posts: 12
Friend Collector First Comment
edited February 6 in Nebula

Hello everyone

I am using zyxel fwa510 and living in an area with 4G only ...and the 4G signal is poor.

The router has 4 ts9 external antenna ports and I need your help to choose which pair of ports is for 4G (band 1 2100 mhz and band 3 1800 mhz only are available here).

I am using Kaser Panel V3 antenna mimo 2x2 (two cables out of the antenna).

I need your kind help 🙏

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Fadhil ,

The TS9 connectors are designed to support frequencies ranging from 698 to 4200 MHz. In your specific circumstance, you can connect an antenna to any of the FWA510's external antenna ports.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Fadhil ,

The TS9 connectors are designed to support frequencies ranging from 698 to 4200 MHz. In your specific circumstance, you can connect an antenna to any of the FWA510's external antenna ports.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Fadhil
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Judy

Thank you for your explanation.

But I have seen in multiple forums that the 4 external antenna connectors are not the same..two of the them for 5G main and 4G main and the other two are for 5G and 4G diversity.

But no one could confirm which pair is for 4G main and diversity (1 and 2 ? 1and 4?)

Where port number 1 is at the top and 4 is at the bottom when looking at the router from the back.

I need your kind help to confirm which pair I plug my ts9 connectors to , to get 4G signal (here we have 4G bands B1 and B3 only if it matters to you when you decide).

Looking forward for your Reply 😊

• Fadhil
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Judy

I wonder whether it is normal or not for Zyxel support employees not to answer their customers .

I have Zyxel Nebula FWA510 and I asked to which connectors (numbered from 1 to 4 in the included image)should I plug my external antenna cable ts9 ends (only 2 cables) when I am using 4G bands 1 and 3 only (band locking 4G B1 and B3).

But no one is giving me an answer , whom should I ask if the manufacturer neither mentions that in user guide nor answers you questions ❓

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @Fadhil

There is no difference between the connectors; all of them are the same.

For optimal performance, it is recommended to connect external antennas to all four connectors. This configuration enhances signal strength and overall connectivity.

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks