Securextender disconnecting after 20 sec of being disconnect

kaestormy
kaestormy Posts: 8
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I have one user that can connect using the 4.0.3 securextender and then 20 secs in it disconnects.  Her wifi works fine.  I have uninstalled reinstalled, repaired her .net, uninstalled tap drive and reinstalled.  When looking at the securextender log I get a Secureextender agent error network fd_close (0x0) This is the line then it start shutting down the  connection. 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @kaestormy,

Which ZyWALL/USG model are you using?

I will send you the latest firmware via private message to verify SSL VPN issues.

• ZyWALL 310

currently running 4.31(AAAB.0)

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello @kaestormy,
    I have sent you the latest firmware via private message to verify SSL VPN issues, so please check it.
    Charlie

• This did not correct the issue.  Now we have 3 users that are getting disconnected after 20-30 seconds.  Any other suggestions as we have approx. 40 people that could use the vpn :(
  • It an issue with the WIFI connecting to the SSL VPN
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @kaestormy
    I would like to check the secuextender log on your computer, so please private message to me.
    After issue occur,
    Please Go to My PC>Local Disk C
    Collect "SecuExtenderHelper.log"
    and then Go to My PC>Local Disk C>Users>select the file of account which you login
    Collect "SecuExtender.log" 
    Charlie
  • Helpdesk
    Helpdesk Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    We are seeing the same issue.  Wired connection works fine on SSLVPN.  Can PING the remate LAN Network.  Wireless will connect and then disconnect.  When connected through Wireless we are not able to PING anything on the remote LAN network..
  • Do you by chance have HP machines?  Trying to determine if is brand specific.

• Helpdesk
    Yes. HP zBook17.  We also have a Lenovo Laptop doing the same thing so I don't believe it is just HP.

• Helpdesk
    Is there any update on this?  We are seeing this with a lot of clients.  Wired connection works fine on SSLVPN.  Wireless does not.  We are not using Split-Tunnel.  All the traffic is set to go over the SSLVPN tunnel.  The SSLVPN Client will not stay connected on wireless and no traffic is being passed.

Security Highlight