VMG devices bridge mode not accessible via it's management IP

Options
k1s
k1s Posts: 57  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited February 21 in Home Router

In this support article:

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360001482220-Setting-the-VMG-as-Modem-Bridge-Mode

...it says after setting the VMG as Modem Bridge Mode

"The VMG can still be accessed via it's management IP."

But it doesn't seem to work.

For example, if I want to use it VMG3925-B10 in Bridge Mode, and the primary router already has 192.168.1.1 as it's IP address, then Ineed to change the default IP address for VMG3925-B10 from 192.168.1.1 to something else.

I changed mine to 192.168.1.253, turned off DHCP, and firewall, turned on bridge mode, and connected from LAN1 to the WAN port on my primary router.

Now I cannot reach it's configuration management / GUI pages from any device on the primary LAN.

Pinging 192.168.1.253 results in "Destination host unreachable".

The only way I can get to it is connecting directly via it's Wifi (which I want to turn off, so it doesn't interfere with the main WiFi APs in the network).

What settings in the VMG3925-B10 do I need to configure to be able to be able to reach it through the primary LAN router?

All Replies

• k1s
    Options

@Serhii Boiarynov, you are apparently the author of the article, can you please help

• k1s
    Options

Can anybody confirm they can reach their device on the management IP through another router?

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    Options

Hello @k1s

If you connect a standalone computer to LAN1 with a crossover cable and give the computer the IP address of 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 can you then ping 192.168.1.253 ?

Kind regards,

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center