modem and Zytel switch seem to have same address

Options
PRL
PRL Posts: 5
Friend Collector First Comment

when it comes to networking, I understand almost nothing. When I input my switch IP address into browser I get login screen for modem. Kindly help, as I can do NOTHING with the Xytel switch now. Thanks

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 956  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 27 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PRL ,

1. If DHCP is not activating on your modem, there are two primary methods to resolve the problem:

Method 1: Using ZON Utility to configure IP settings

Method 2: Isolates the switch

• Disconnect the switch from the modem to isolates the switch.
    • Consult the relevant FAQ section for guidance on how to assign a static IP address to your PC, ensuring it is in the same subnet as your switch's IP. Setting a static IP address for your PC to access your AP — Zyxel Community
    • After setting a static IP on your PC, and RESET the switch, use your web browser to navigate to the switch's default IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.1) to access the login screen.

2. If DHCP is functioning correctly with your modem, you should:

• Check the DHCP table to find out the IP address assigned to your switch.
    • Enter this IP address into your web browser to reach the switch's login screen.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 956  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 27 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PRL ,

1. If DHCP is not activating on your modem, there are two primary methods to resolve the problem:

Method 1: Using ZON Utility to configure IP settings

Method 2: Isolates the switch

• Disconnect the switch from the modem to isolates the switch.
    • Consult the relevant FAQ section for guidance on how to assign a static IP address to your PC, ensuring it is in the same subnet as your switch's IP. Setting a static IP address for your PC to access your AP — Zyxel Community
    • After setting a static IP on your PC, and RESET the switch, use your web browser to navigate to the switch's default IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.1) to access the login screen.

2. If DHCP is functioning correctly with your modem, you should:

• Check the DHCP table to find out the IP address assigned to your switch.
    • Enter this IP address into your web browser to reach the switch's login screen.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!