alternate failed log in

Options
PRL
PRL Posts: 5
Friend Collector First Comment

If, alternately, I put http://setup.zyxelinto the brower I do get the login screen for the Zytel switch, BUT even though I have held the reset button for minutes, it will NOT accept the default values and I can not log in - so can NOT do ANYTHING with switch. Help, please!

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 580  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PRL

Thank you for providing the model of your switch. The GS1920-8HP indeed has both RESET and RESTORE buttons on the front panel. To initiate a factory reset, it's crucial to press and hold the RESTORE button for more than 7 seconds until the PWR LED turns amber. This action will revert the switch to its default settings. Please note that simply pressing the RESET button will only result in a reboot of the switch.

After performing the factory reset, if you still encounter difficulties accessing the switch with the default IP, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps outlined by @Zyxel_Judy in this thread:

Please keep us updated on your progress, and don't hesitate to reach out if the issue persists. We're here to assist you further.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @PRL

To better assist you, could you please share with us the model of your switch? Additionally, to restore the switch to its factory default settings, kindly press and hold the RESTORE button for more than 7 seconds. This should restore the switch and allow you to log in using the default credentials (admin/1234).

Kay

• PRL
    Options

It is the GS1920-8HP model. I have already MANY times pressed the reset button - that does NOT get me in using default credentials.

• PRL
    Options

It is the GS1920-8HP model. I have already MANY times pressed the reset
    button - that does NOT get me in using default credentials. As I mentioned in a separate post, when I try to log on using the default IP for the switch, I get the login screen for my router. Either way, I have never been able to log into my switch.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PRL

Thank you for providing the model of your switch. The GS1920-8HP indeed has both RESET and RESTORE buttons on the front panel. To initiate a factory reset, it's crucial to press and hold the RESTORE button for more than 7 seconds until the PWR LED turns amber. This action will revert the switch to its default settings. Please note that simply pressing the RESET button will only result in a reboot of the switch.

After performing the factory reset, if you still encounter difficulties accessing the switch with the default IP, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps outlined by @Zyxel_Judy in this thread:

Please keep us updated on your progress, and don't hesitate to reach out if the issue persists. We're here to assist you further.

Kay

• PRL
    Options

OK, I was pressing the wrong button. Now I have been able to access the Switch and changed the default password. Now I want to set up a VLAN so that several computers can see what is on the other and exchange information, share printer, etc. I was reading the manual on VLANs and I can't make heads or tails as to what I need/which type/what set-u if any is needed. I'm a novice-minus when it comes to networking. If it matters I use Linux 99% of the time and once in a blue moon MS. There are no other persons - just me and various computers and devices, however I want the entire system VERY secure from the outside, but don't need passwords internally. Where do I go next in this journey in dark caves?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @PRL

For a step-by-step guide on VLAN configuration, I recommend checking out our tutorial on switch VLAN configuration. This article should provide you with the guidance you need:

Kay

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @PRL

We noticed that you rejected the answer regarding the VLAN configuration tutorial article we provided. Did you encounter any difficulties while attempting to set up the VLAN?

If so, please provide us with more details about the devices connected to your switch and which VLAN you would like each device to belong to. With this information, we can offer more tailored guidance to assist you effectively.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon so we can provide further assistance.

Kay