No 5GHZ and 6GHZ Connections Possible with NWA220AX-6E Acces Point

Options
ChrisMoon
ChrisMoon Posts: 4
First Comment
edited March 4 in Nebula

Hey there,

I am desperately trying to connect my devices, smartphones, PCs and also an Oculus Quest 3 with the 5GHZ and 6GHZ Band of my NWA220AX-6E.
As soon as I am deactivating the 2.4GHZ Band and let the 5GHZ and 6GHZ Band active, the SSID is not visible any more.

I have already set the bandwidth to 160MBS accordingly, since my Device do not support 320MHZ.

I have activated remote Support, maybe you can help me here.

It could not be a compatibility issue ( I Think ), because also the 5GHZ Band is not working as it should be. As soon as I switch back to my older Zyxel AP, everything works. The reason why I upgraded is the new Wi-Fi 6E Features for my Meta Quest 3 Device. With my old AP NWA210AX, I can only use 5GHZ Wi-Fi 6 Features.

I have already updated and reset my device.

Maybe there is actually something wrong with the device itself.

EDIT: I am a step further. The problem is the 6GHZ BAND. If that is activated, my oculus Quest 3 won't find the AP.

Greetings
Chris

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 5
    Options

Hi @ChrisMoon,

NWA220AX-6E is a Band-Flex supported model that can be configured as either 5GHz or 6GHz. It means the radio will be 2.4GHz + 5GHz or 2.4GHz + 6GHz. 

According to your description, it seems like you didn't change the band on the radio setting page. Please check the FAQ below to configure it:

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

• ChrisMoon
    First Comment
    Options

thanks for the quick reaction.

I already did the band flex settings. Unfortunately my Quest 3 is not possible to see the 6GHz band. I tried everything , even different channels and bandwidth settings.

I could get the 5GHz Band to run now with the AX standard. But there is no point in upgrading to this model , if I have to use the 5GHZ Band that I have already available to my older zyxel AP.

after 4 Hours I removed the device from my nebula account. That’s why you could not connect.

I think , it’s not the AP. It is rather possible that METAs Quest 3 has compatibility issues.

Maybe there is someone here , using the device for the identical use case ?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @ChrisMoon,

We have a customer who has Meta Quest 3 and can connect to NWA220AX-6E with a 6GHz SSID. Could you add the AP back to your org/site and we can help to check if the AP broadcast SSID in 6GHz? Also, do you have another 6GHz device that can find the 6GHz SSID?

Zyxel Melen

• ChrisMoon
    First Comment
    Options

much thanks for everything , but i did not have the time for it right now. That’s why I have returned the device to my seller.

BUT: It’s not over yet. I will buy another on in the future and then we will meet again.

greetings

• ChrisMoon
    First Comment
    Options

ok , so iam back !

I bought a new zyxel NWA B310 access point. Still - no 6ghz WiFi possible - all other bands work.

You can connect from now on , I have unlocked the remote service function.

greetings

Nebula Tips & Tricks