NWA50AX Not able to manage via standalone

Options

Hi all,

Recently purchased an NWA50AX. I am not able to get to the standalone management page in order to do any settings or change ssid's.

Plugging in only power, the device eventually goes into the "Discovering NCC" stage (slow blinking orange and green). At this point, I either try to connect to the broadcasted ssid (Zyxel-XXXX) or connect to it via an ethernet cable.

In either case, I am unable to login to 192.168.1.2 or 1.1.1.1. I get broken pages, and performing an IPCONFIG gives me an IP address of 169.xxx.

Does this device HAVE to be setup after connecting it to an internet connection? I was trying to avoid this.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 499  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 14 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Stardude900

There are two methods to access the AP's WEB GUI:

1. Wireless connection: PC connects to default SSID (Zyxel-XXXX)
      1. Ensure the PC's wireless card is configured with the IP that is the same subnet to the AP (192.168.1.2)
      2. Access to 192.168.1.2 with default username/password as admin/1234
    2. Ethernet connection: PC connects via Ethernet cable
      1. Access to 192.168.1.2 with default username/password as admin/1234
      2. Ensure both PC and AP are in the same subnet.

⇒ Based on your description, when you are unable to access 192.168.1.2, it's likely due to your PC not being in the 192.168.1.X subnet. To resolve this, you should adjust your PC's IP settings by following the below FAQ:

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 499  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 14 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Stardude900

There are two methods to access the AP's WEB GUI:

1. Wireless connection: PC connects to default SSID (Zyxel-XXXX)
      1. Ensure the PC's wireless card is configured with the IP that is the same subnet to the AP (192.168.1.2)
      2. Access to 192.168.1.2 with default username/password as admin/1234
    2. Ethernet connection: PC connects via Ethernet cable
      1. Access to 192.168.1.2 with default username/password as admin/1234
      2. Ensure both PC and AP are in the same subnet.

⇒ Based on your description, when you are unable to access 192.168.1.2, it's likely due to your PC not being in the 192.168.1.X subnet. To resolve this, you should adjust your PC's IP settings by following the below FAQ:

Zyxel Nami