EX3301-T0 Unable to Access Internal Services from External Source

Options
Monstar316
Monstar316 Posts: 1
edited March 15 in Home Router

Hi,

I've just had fibre broadband installed with a Zyxel EX3301-T0 router installed.

How do you go about allowing access to certain ports for internal services I have set up from the outside world?

I've had a look at Port Forwarding and setting up Protocols/Rules but I still can't get access to my internal services either via DNS or IP.

All Replies

• KulraniGuzail
    KulraniGuzail Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 17
    Options

I faced same issue sometime time ago. For this I followed below steps you can also check them.

1. Access Router Interface: Open a web browser and enter the router's IP address to access its interface. Usually, it's something like 192.168.1.1. Login using your credentials.
    2. Locate Port Forwarding Settings: Look for the Port Forwarding or NAT (Network Address Translation) section in the router settings. It might be under Advanced Settings or Firewall options.
    3. Add Port Forwarding Rule: Click on the option to add a new port forwarding rule. You'll need to specify the service/application name, the internal IP address of the device hosting the service, and the ports to be opened.
    4. Specify Ports and Protocol: Enter the port numbers and the protocol (TCP, UDP, or both) used by your internal service. For example, for a web server, you might forward port 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS).
    5. Save Settings: After entering all the details, save the settings. The router might need to reboot for the changes to take effect.
    6. Test Access: Once the router has restarted, you can test access from an external network using either the public IP address of your router or your domain name (if you have DNS configured). Try accessing your service using the specified port number
    7. Troubleshoot: If you still can't access your service, double-check the port forwarding rules for accuracy. Ensure your internal device's firewall isn't blocking incoming connections on the specified ports.
    8. Dynamic DNS (Optional): If your public IP address is dynamic, consider setting up Dynamic DNS (DDNS) on your router. This allows you to access your services using a domain name that automatically updates with your changing IP address.

While I also faced this issue while installing my fm whatsapp.

• Johnsait12
    Johnsait12 Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

If FMWhatsApp requires specific ports to be open or special network settings for optimal functionality (which is common with apps that aren't supported by official app stores), setting up your network correctly becomes crucial.

Understanding port forwarding is essential in ensuring that any app, including FM WhatsApp APK, communicates effectively through your router without compromising your network’s security. Just as you would configure your router to allow access to your internal services, you might need to ensure similar settings to fully utilize an app like FM WhatsApp, especially if it relies on specific network configurations to operate or update

• leoy
    leoy Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 25
    Options

To allow access to certain ports from the outside world for the internal services you have set up, you need to set up Port Forwarding on your Zyxel EX3301-T0 router. Here are the steps you can take to set up port forwarding:

1. Access the router's web management interface:
      1. Open a web browser and enter the router's IP address (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1).
      2. Log in to the router using the default username and password, unless you have changed them.
    2. Find the Port Forwarding section:
      1. In your router's menu, look for the entry related to "Port Forwarding", "NAT" or "Applications".
      2. Select "Port Forwarding" or "Virtual Servers".
    3. Set up port forwarding:
      1. Click "Add New" or "Create" to add a new rule.
      2. Fill in the necessary information:
      1. Service Name: Service name (eg Web Server, FTP, etc.)
      2. Port Range: The external port you want to open (eg 80, 443, etc.). If you need to open a port range, enter the port range here.

3. Local IP: The local IP address of the device you want to forward to (for example, the IP of the internal web server).
    Local Port: Internal port on the target device (if different from the external port).
    Protocol: Select TCP, UDP, or both depending on the requirements of the service you want to forward.
    Save configuration.
    Check configuration:
    After saving the port forwarding configuration, test whether you can access the internal service from an address outside the internal network (using a connection other than your WiFi, such as data mobile).
    You can also use an online tool like "CanYouSeeMe" to check if your port opened successfully or not.
    Cybersecurity considerations:
    Port forwarding can increase the reach of your service from the internet, which can also increase security risks. Make sure you have set up appropriate security measures such as firewalls, software updates, and strong authentication.

If you haven't done it yet, please connect our email, you can get our email on appvipo blog

Consumer Product Help Center