2x NBG7510 as Mesh

Options

Hi there! first i try to give my best english (i'm austrian)!

i've got 2 NBG7510 in my house and i would like to connect them for a mesh network, i actually have no clue if it is possible although. latest firmware is installed.

As Main router there is a icotera unit. got it from the provider. via lan network "goes" in the first and second floor, where both zyxels are connected via LAN to provide WLAN to both floors. Basement WLAN comes frome the icotera.

best solution would be a big mesh (2 zyxel + 1 icotera)

mpro mesh won't work. one of the 2 zyxel is an "acces point" in operation mode.

i couldnt find any useful tutorial and lost happiness after 4 hours of trying, rebooting, resetting… :D

is it possible or do i kneed other units?

thank you!!

All Replies

• yvonne910rhodes
    yvonne910rhodes Posts: 1
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited April 17
    Options

Hello! Setting up a mesh network with your NBG7510 units and an Icotera router can be a bit complex, especially since mesh networks typically work best with devices from the same manufacturer. However, it’s not impossible.

Here’s a general approach you might consider:

Check Compatibility: Ensure that both your Zyxel MyMilestoneCard NBG7510 units support mesh networking. This information can usually be found in the user manual or by contacting Zyxel support.

Firmware Update: Make sure all devices have the latest firmware, as this can improve compatibility and performance.

Configure the Main Router: Set up your Icotera unit as the main router and connect it to the internet.

Set Up the Zyxel Units: Configure one Zyxel unit as an access point (which you’ve done) and try setting the other one in a mesh or repeater mode, if available.

Connectivity: Connect the Zyxel units to the Icotera router via LAN and configure them to extend the WLAN from the Icotera.

Testing: Test the connectivity and performance on each floor to ensure the network is stable.

I hope the information may helps you.

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 15
    Options

Hello @Bamboocha

If you are running v1.00(ABZY.6)C0 firmware, then you will be able to mesh your NBG7510 devices.

I think that you need to use a wired connection between your Icotera router and one of your NBG7510 devices (either with a CAT5e cable or via Powerline networking).

Then you can mesh the two NBG7510 devices together, using the Mesh menu above.

Zyxel said the following to another customer:

"Zyxel_JerryPosts: 1,054

Zyxel Employee

March 21

Hi @AhmedAli

Could you please confirm the firmware version you are currently using?
    If it is not the latest version, I recommend upgrading to the V1.00(ABZY.6)C0.
    You should see a "MESH" column on the right after the update"

Kind regards,

Tony

• Bamboocha
    Bamboocha Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Hi thanks for the answers,

i tried to mesh them via MPro Mesh app - but they won't "find" each other. (tried it only with both zyxel).

First thing after firmware upgrades was to enable "mesh" (actually didn't now if black was on/off or it was blue :D ) but in the app, i could only find both ngb when router A was connected to B with LAN. But in "Mesh-Overview" there was only router A as a controller.

I will do a fully reset to both router and connect them with LAN to try again… should there be any further customizations (DHCP enabled, SSID etc. etc.?)

Thank you!

Mario

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 15
    Options

Hello Mario @Bamboocha

You're welcome.

Blue & to the right is on for Mesh setting under Wireless in the NBG7510 web gui.

Kind regards,

Tony

• Bamboocha
    Bamboocha Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Hi guys,

i tried to set up the mesh network yesterday. and did a reset (again) to both routers.

i could finally "find" an extender in MPro Mesh app, but only when i connected Router A to Router B via LAN - Unit to Unit. Then i tried to connect them over the LAN-Network in my house (other rooms).didn't work. it also didn't work with WLAN.

do i have to name the SSID anykind of special or should send Router A the wifi-settings to Router B? so the own WIFI of router B should be invisible? on the iphone WLAN-Search i can always see the wifi of router A and B to connect with.

Mario

Consumer Product Help Center