NWA130BE - Country Code Change

Options
Arnette99
Arnette99 Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment

Hi There Zyxel community,

I am located in Canada and recently rolled out my NWA130BE AP which was purchased online from the US store.

I am wondering how to change my country code on this unit? I've followed several references online from other Zyxel Aps, but neither the GUI or SSH options seem to work. Currently, my country code default is set to "FF" according to the psm atsh command. When doing a wireless site survey, it appears to show "US" as the country code, and I would like to change this to "CA" for Canada.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 572  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Arnette99

The default country code displayed with the psm atsh command corresponds to the device standard. For instance, "FF" represents the US standard, while "E1" denotes the European standard.

However, the radio country code broadcasted due to the 802.11d feature is tied to the radio country setting configured in Nebula CC > Site-wide > Configure > Access Points > Radio settings. For instance, if you set the country to Canada, upon capturing wireless packets, you should observe the country code "CA" information being transmitted.

Kay

• Arnette99
    Arnette99 Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Thanks @Zyxel_Kay

I am using standalone mode so unfortunately this did not apply.

I tried enabling the Nebula management and ended up locking myself out of my AP. It was a headache to get things reconfigured under standalone.

Is there any way to do this change without Nebula?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 572  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Arnette99

In standalone mode, due to FCC regulations, users aren't permitted to alter the country code for products marketed in the US. Consequently, since your device was purchased from a US store, if your AP is in standalone mode, its device radio country code will be set to the US, which is the default setting on the AP.

However, in Nebula cloud mode, Nebula CC automatically detects the device's GeoIP. You have the flexibility to change the device radio setting to your desired country, such as Canada. If you wish to change the radio country code to "CA," managing your AP in Nebula mode is the recommended approach.

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks