Problem with iPhone on Nebula wifi

Options
sfesti
sfesti Posts: 2
First Comment
Dear Zyxel, I have a problem with a structure of this type: 
Nebula cc, nsg50, n.2 a.point nwa1123acv3 n.1 a.point nwa1123acv2 in Italy. 
I have had two clients from the USA. with o.s. Apple iOS and I were unable to connect
to wifi with dhcp. I checked later that they took the IP address 
as 169.254.165.68 instead of 192.168.10.xx.
Normally with Android I have no problems but with iOS Apple sometimes I can't get them 
to navigate. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Stephen

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @sfesti ,

To address the issue of iOS devices not obtaining the relevant IP address when connecting to your Nebula WiFi network, please follow the provided troubleshooting steps:

• Reset network settings on client: Remove (forget or delete) the SSID profile from the client's Wi-Fi list. Then, attempt to reconnect to the network.
    • DHCP issues: As you mentioned the iOS devices are getting a 169.254.x.x IP address - APIPA, this indicates a failure to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server. Please ensure your DHCP server is functioning correctly and has available IP addresses in the pool.
    • DNS Issues: Verify that the DNS servers assigned by DHCP are accessible and functioning correctly. You can try setting a public DNS server like 8.8.8.8 on one of the affected iOS devices to see if it resolves the issue.
    • iOS version: Upgrade the iOS to the latest version

You can also utilize the WiFi Aid feature to help identify the issue with the iOS client:

Resolve WiFi Connection Problems with Nebula's WiFi Aid Feature — Zyxel Community

If the issue persists, we kindly ask you to enable Zyxel support access and provide the following details so we can assist you further:

• The name of the Nebula organization and site
    • The MAC address of the affected iOS device and the time it connected to the SSID

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• sfesti
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Judy, thanks for the reply. I'll try and I'll tell you. Thanks again. @sfesti

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @sfesti ,

To address the issue of iOS devices not obtaining the relevant IP address when connecting to your Nebula WiFi network, please follow the provided troubleshooting steps:

• Reset network settings on client: Remove (forget or delete) the SSID profile from the client's Wi-Fi list. Then, attempt to reconnect to the network.
    • DHCP issues: As you mentioned the iOS devices are getting a 169.254.x.x IP address - APIPA, this indicates a failure to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server. Please ensure your DHCP server is functioning correctly and has available IP addresses in the pool.
    • DNS Issues: Verify that the DNS servers assigned by DHCP are accessible and functioning correctly. You can try setting a public DNS server like 8.8.8.8 on one of the affected iOS devices to see if it resolves the issue.
    • iOS version: Upgrade the iOS to the latest version

You can also utilize the WiFi Aid feature to help identify the issue with the iOS client:

Resolve WiFi Connection Problems with Nebula's WiFi Aid Feature — Zyxel Community

If the issue persists, we kindly ask you to enable Zyxel support access and provide the following details so we can assist you further:

• The name of the Nebula organization and site
    • The MAC address of the affected iOS device and the time it connected to the SSID

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• sfesti
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Judy, thanks for the reply. I'll try and I'll tell you. Thanks again. @sfesti

Nebula Tips & Tricks