NWA50AX Pro: where to set country code?

mMontana
mMontana Posts: 1,362  Guru Member
Fifth Anniversary Community MVP 50 Answers 1000 Comments
edited May 21 in Wireless

I'm optimizing some settings in a shared among several APs. After a DCS and a manual channel set, NWA50AX Pro greeted me with this warning.

…. i was quite uninpressed, but whatever.
I lookd around a lot and… i did not found any place to configure… country.

Outside the wizard…

this part come from page 54 of user manual, 6.65 Ed1 version.
According to Zyxel manual via Adobe Acrobat, "Country Code" is reported 9 times, this is the 4th and the 5th

These are the last occurencies…

page 108

Where the country code can be set?

Only into wizard?

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• koaly
    koaly Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Second Anniversary Friend Collector

Hello!

I have two NWA50ax PRO APs in standalone mode at home and the only way to set a country was in the Wisard. There is no other setting available in the WebUI.
    It might be possible in Nebula or via SSH, but I have no idea.

• mMontana

IMVHO there should be at least a region into firmware where this could be set.
    I looked back and forth for 30 minutes, there's no trace into the manual ⇒ IMHO there's an important feature lacking and this should be provided into WEB UI without using wizard (which generates other costrains)

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 898  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @mMontana

Currently, there is no other place to change the Standalone AP’s country code outside of the wizard setting. To gain a deeper insight into your situation, could you please assist us in collecting the diagnostic information from the AP for further troubleshooting?

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• mMontana

Hi Kay, thanks for your answer.

I managed to overcome the message about frequency and country, so actually I do need support for managing the error.
    Topic title is about a lacking (IMVHO) menù feature that can create messages that are not manageable… unless recurring to the wizard. Which also leads to costrains, as stated here.

So on one hand, I should use the wizard as Zyxel PoV. Which leads to configurations constrains (editing names of security profiles). Which also lead to other costrains about the frequency/channel, that i cannot solve via menu, only via wizard.

IMO some of the paths designed into the web UI should be improved. If a wizard procedure is the suggested/proposed way to manage the device, should not reduce options hiding parameters to be edited (change the name of SSID profiles) or contain configuration settings unaccessible into the rest of the webUI.

Last but not least.
    A competitor of Zyxel provide a totally different way to manage network devices, which is an on-site management or a cloud management. However, this on site management tool had to be installed on a computer. Last option is SSH access. I'm not buying this competitor, I'm buying Zyxel, currently.

I want to be able to configure devices without app/accessory software (excluding client like telnet/ssh/Web browser). But the competitor at least… it's ssh, it's on site management tool, it's cloud management provide on par features on all the options, at least increasing granularity on ssh.

Being end user friendly is a virtue, not a mistake, however this should not be in spite of the thoroughness and control of the features.

Last unwanted suggestion: less SKUs, simpler line. Sometimes matching 10 different price points creates only more confusion (expecially when features like SNMP are removed, line NWA50AX and NWA50AX Pro)

• Zyxel_Kay
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @mMontana

Thank you for sharing your your thoughts and suggestions. We'll forward your feedback to our development team for consideration in future updates.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓

Hi @mMontana

Regarding your suggestion about the ability to customize country code after setup via Wizard, I have raised it to our idea section for evaluation process:

As for editing profile names, our colleague @Zyxel_Judy has already raised it as an idea:

We have also forwarded your suggestion about product line planning to the development team.

Thank you so much for your input.

If anyone is interested in these ideas, please feel free to leave a comment or click vote. The votes and comments will be part of our evaluation process.

Kay