First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
edited May 28 in Switch

Good afternoon
I have XGS4600.
I need to configure QOS this way:
clients - 192.168.1.0/24, ports 1-48
server1 - 192.168.2.1, port 52

server2 - 192.168.2.2, port 52
I need to configure it so that traffic between clients and the server1 takes up no more than 40% of the bandwidth on port 52, and between clients and server2 - 100% of the bandwith. Can this be done and how? As far as I understand, you need to use the “Classifier” setting, but it’s not entirely clear how to reduce the throughput of the created classifier.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Smartqwerty

Here is an article about ACL configuration for rate limiting IP traffic that might be helpful for your situation:

Please note that bandwidth settings need to be specified with exact values rather than percentages. Could you confirm the specific bandwidth value you want to set for the 40% limit? For example, is it 400Mbps or another value?

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Smartqwerty
    Smartqwerty Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    edited May 29

• Smartqwerty

Great, looks like this is what I need. 

Yes, I wrote about percentages as an example, setting exact values ​​is not a problem.
    Can you clarify if I create 1 classifier rule, for example destination address 192.168.2.1, bandwidth 200 MBps - it will work like this:
    traffic to 192.168.2.1 will be slowed to the specified value, while all other traffic will remain untouched.
    Right?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @Smartqwerty

Once you have configured the ACL for destination address 192.168.2.1, enable metering and set the out-of-profile action to "Drop the packet". This will limit the bandwidth to the specified value for traffic to 192.168.2.1, while all other traffic will remain unaffected.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Smartqwerty