I now have 2 NWA130BE APs and 1 NWA50AX-Pro

2»

All Replies

• jpblanch75
    jpblanch75 Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Community MVP 100 Comments Second Anniversary Friend Collector
    edited June 26

Well because if i change the setting to Multicast to unicast my Garage doors and Cameras don't stay connected. Its not specific to my current AP's because it started happening while using my previous NWA210AX APs as well.

Setting Fixed Multicast to 12mbps and Unchecking the boxes for AMPDU and AMSDU also help.

At the moment my download and upload speed on 2.4ghz is 60/60mbps.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,394  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Thank you for your response.

As mentioned in our initial response, the logs indicate that the disconnection issue with your IoT devices stems from the devices themselves. They continue to send association requests to the AP even when they are already connected, causing them to disconnect and reconnect. This is a behavior of the IoT devices, and the AP is not responsible for kicking them out.

We are more than happy to assist you in checking this issue. To proceed, we really need a wireless packet capture to analyze further what is happening between the AP and your IoT devices.

Please share the wireless packet capture along with the MAC address of the problematic IoT device and the time the issue occurs.

If your time is limited and you are unable to provide this information, you can continue using your current configuration as it appears to help with the issue.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• jpblanch75
    edited June 28

Its not a specific device. It's anything on the 2.4 network.

Pinging google.com while my laptop is connected to 2.4G SSID

SAME on 5G!

• Zyxel_Judy
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hi there,

There are several factors that could cause the ping google.com results shown in your screenshot. However, based on the ping google.com results alone, we cannot investigate the issue related to your client disconnecting from the AP and the communication between the wireless client and the AP.

To allow the issue to proceed, please follow the steps provided in our previous comment and share the wireless packet information.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• jpblanch75

Well, latest firmware update seems to have taken care of the issue. A bit more time and I'll know for sure.

Seems like someone in engineering knew about the issue. No thanks from here though.

• jpblanch75
    edited July 25

I can't can 't seem to resolve this issue. I've Ivtr8ed every setting. All devices either has micro disconnections or it just won't pass data but stay connected. My 2.4 utilization is very high as well. It's not about my neighbors.

maybe I have a devices on the 2.4 band causing this. That will be a tough find.

• jpblanch75

It appears that I may have fixed my issue. So far I believe I had a device causing the failure. Been running Ping Plotter for an hour now and not dropped packets.

• jpblanch75

Well, it appears I spoke too soon. Its funny because right after I unplugged it, I

• jpblanch75

disconnected because of reason 8.

this happens even when it's the only device on the access point. Roaming is disabled. Multiple devices doing this

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi users,

The reason 8 is "Disassociated because sending STA is leaving (or has left) BSS". This reason is sending by a client when leaving the AP, and then AP will show this log.

You can refer more reason code definition as below link: