Add Client VLAN Field

SkyGoat
SkyGoat Posts: 15  Freshman Member
First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary

On the Clients > Switch Clients page there is an "Add Client" button. I understand that I can use this to give a MAC address a name before it ever connects to the network. But, what does the VLAN field do?

I would assume this would let me force the MAC address onto a certain VLAN when it comes online, but I've tried it and find the device just ignores whatever I set and follows the PVID setting of the switch port it has been connected to.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @SkyGoat

The VLAN field in the Switch Clients > “+ Add Client” is used as follows:

• Blocked: When you set the policy to "Blocked," it will block the specified VLAN traffic for the given MAC address.
    • Normal: When the policy is set to "Normal," it will remove the MAC address from the block list, allowing normal traffic flow for that MAC address.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @SkyGoat

The VLAN field in the Switch Clients > “+ Add Client” is used as follows:

• Blocked: When you set the policy to "Blocked," it will block the specified VLAN traffic for the given MAC address.
    • Normal: When the policy is set to "Normal," it will remove the MAC address from the block list, allowing normal traffic flow for that MAC address.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Nebula Tips & Tricks