FWA710 WiFi missing therefor cannot use ZYXEL Air app for signal strength optimisation

Rommel
Rommel Posts: 4
First Comment

I have seen another thread and understand that the FWA WiFi is disabled after 30 mins for security reasons. The stated solution being to link by hardwire ethernet to the FWA and use the web interface to turn the Wi-Fi back on for 30 mins. Can you advise where this ability to turn the Wi-Fi back on resides in the web interface, I couldn't see it. To compound matters in trying to get this Wi-Fi enabling issue resolved I ended up with the FWA being cloud managed via Nebula and when I try to connect via ethernet and the Web interface I am told that this is not possible and I need to log on to nebula in order to manage the FWA. Wherein Nebula is the option to enable the FWA Wi-Fi, I can't see it?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,059  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited June 21 Answer ✓

Hi @Rommel,

You may enable WiFi on the home page:

Or in this path: Network Setting > Wireless > General.

You may also reference our FWA710's user's guide chapter 8.

https://download.zyxel.com/Nebula_FWA710/user_guide/Nebula%20FWA710_V1.15_Ed1.pdf

In addition, the Nebula control center manages FWA710 in cloud monitoring mode, which means that to configure the FWA710, you need to access its local GUI. Nebula live tools provide the remote configurator feature for users to create a remote connection to access the FWA710's local GUI. You can find this function on the device detailed page > Live tools > Remote configurator.

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,059  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited June 21 Answer ✓

Hi @Rommel,

You may enable WiFi on the home page:

Or in this path: Network Setting > Wireless > General.

You may also reference our FWA710's user's guide chapter 8.

https://download.zyxel.com/Nebula_FWA710/user_guide/Nebula%20FWA710_V1.15_Ed1.pdf

In addition, the Nebula control center manages FWA710 in cloud monitoring mode, which means that to configure the FWA710, you need to access its local GUI. Nebula live tools provide the remote configurator feature for users to create a remote connection to access the FWA710's local GUI. You can find this function on the device detailed page > Live tools > Remote configurator.

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

Nebula Tips & Tricks