Multiple NWA50X - Poor Performance

Astoroth
Astoroth Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Comment

Hi,

I have five NWA50X access points scattered around my business premises over 2 floors.

My issues are mainly performance copying data from/to clients and general Internet usage, download speeds.

We have 1GB up/down for our broadband however, sometimes clients struggle and lose connection from the WiFi network, even though they're never more than 8 metres from an AP.

I'm not really a 'network guy', so any advice on settings to check etc would be greatly appreciated.

All APs are controlled via Nebula btw.

All the best,

Rich.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 620  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @Astoroth

It seems like the clients have been struggling to connect to WiFi, which might be due to various reasons. To investigate the issue, please help enable Zyxel Support Access for us to review the settings on your site and provide recommendations. Additionally, please let us know your Org/Site name.

And to better understand the problem, could you clarify:

1. Are specific clients having issues, or is it affecting everyone?
    2. When you say the download speed is low, how much is it?

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• Astoroth
    Astoroth Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I have enabled access for you.

Our broadband is 1gb up/down. We suffer from lots of disconnects and speed wise, it never appears to get above 300kbps, even if your right next to an AP. Any help is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Rich.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 620  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hello @Astoroth

Could you please specify if this issue impacts all clients or only certain ones?

Additionally, have you noticed which APs are most commonly affected?

I observed that GRS-AP-4 and GRS-AP-2 are showing 10/100Mbps link speed, which could be a factor in the reduced connection quality. You may refer to this FAQ to address the issue.

Lastly, could you let me know the uplink devices for GRS-AP-3, GRS-AP-6, and GRS-AP-7-EXT?

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

Nebula Tips & Tricks