Zyxel NR5101 without IPV6 in LAN and WLAN, but IPV6 is OK in Zyxel Diagnostic

Spardorfer1
Spardorfer1 Posts: 2
First Comment

I have tried many hours several Setting and Combinations in “LAN IPv6 Mode Setup” and In “Edit WAN Interface” without any positive result.

I seems the Zyxel NR5101 DHCP with IPV6 does not work for Windows 10 LAN / WLAN.

The same Windows Workstation works with a integrated WWAN Modem and IPV6 is OK, during the WWAN Modem is online and LAN / WLAN are offline.

Because of my Zyxel NR5101 Settings i have set the Zyxel NR5101 to Factory Settings and I have seen the same Result: No IPV6 in LAN / WLAN.

IPV4 works fine with no Problems at all with the Zyxel NR5101.

Please tell me what is necessary to get IPV6 working in LAN and WLAN with the Zyxel NR 5101.

Or is DHCP with IPV6 not implemented in this Router?

Thanks in Advance

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,352  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @Spardorfer1 ,

DHCP with IPv6 is not implemented in the Nebula NR5101.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Spardorfer1
    Spardorfer1 Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hi Zyxel_Judy,

the User’s Guide
    Nebula Mobile Router
    Nebula LTE3301-PLUS/Nebula NR5101/Nebula NR7101/Nebula
    LTE7461-M602/Nebula FWA510/Nebula FWA710

contains the following passage and the Zyxel NR5101 administration website shows the following settings:

DHCPv6 Configuration
    DHCPv6 Active
    This shows the status of the DHCPv6. DHCP Server displays if you configured the Zyxel Device
    to act as a DHCPv6 server which assigns IPv6 addresses and/or DNS information to clients.

How is it possible that DHCP with IPv6 is not implemented in the Nebula NR5101?

Is there a new firmware with implemented DHCPv6 server?

I can't believe that the above passage in the Nebula Mobile Router user manual and the above NR5101 administration website are just a waste of the user's time.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,352  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @Spardorfer1 ,

We understand your need for LAN IPv6 support on the NR5101 model. Unfortunately, due to the product positioning and feature roadmap, this functionality is not supported on this model at the time of its release.

Additionally, the user guide and local GUI are unified for all indoor mobile router models. We are currently evaluating how to better highlight the differences to make the user guide easier to read and use.

If you require an indoor mobile router with IPv6 support, we recommend considering the Nebula FWA510. You can initiate the RMA process by following this RMA link

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nebula Tips & Tricks