Ability to block devices from connecting to SSID in Nebula

Arvee
Arvee Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Comment First Anniversary

It would be great if I could prevent entire groups of devices (e.g. iPhone, Android, iPad) from connecting to certain SSIDs.

For example blocking cell phones from connecting to the main SSID and allowing them on the Guest wireless.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @Arvee

There is a feature in our Nebula Control Center (NCC) that allows users to configure a "Block list" within the Client Policy settings to prevent specific devices from accessing certain SSIDs. To use this feature, you need to gather the MAC addresses of the devices you want to block and add them to the rule. For more detailed guidance, you can refer to this article:

Does this feature meet your needs?

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Arvee
    Arvee Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    First Comment First Anniversary

Hi Kay,

Not exactly. I was hoping for a feature to block entire category of devices from a certain SSID without having to explicitly block them once their exact MAC address is known.

Specifically I want to block people's mobile devices from the main network SSID while allowing them on a guest SSID. This list of devices changes far too often to rely on looking through a list of devices connected and manually adding them to a block list.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @Arvee

Thank you for sharing more with us.

We'll be monitoring the votes and comments as part of our evaluation process. If anyone likes this idea, please show your support by leaving a comment or voting for it.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Nebula Tips & Tricks