Reset NWA55AXE

GrumpyBruno
GrumpyBruno Posts: 1  Freshman Member

How can i do a factory hardware reset on NAA55AXE? I recently bought an ‘open box’ and now regretting it since the device was registered in the store where it was ex-display from. When I add this to Nebula it just states it as offline all the time even though the green LED is on and seems to be receiving data. When on I have another WiFi network available as ‘Zyxel’ but it is password protected so I cannot access it. Wanted to do a reset so I can connect it my site, but all rests seem to be software based which i cannot initiate since my account doesn’t recognise it as connected.

All Replies

• electsystech
    electsystech Posts: 37  Freshman Member
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Do you have a zyxel poe switch that supports Ethernet Neighbor ? Looks like that's the only way to do it. https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4423468211090-Access-Points-NWA-WAX-Reset-Button-and-Device-Reset#01H7FKP1YAWZ9BB6KWFMXJQSMP Otherwise, just contact Zyxel support, I expect they'll need the serial number and mac address and they should be able to add it to your nebula account.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,140  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @GrumpyBruno,

It is possible that the inability of your NWA55AXE to connect to Nebula under your network and apply the new settings is a result of the previous owner configuring a static IP address for the device.

As the NWA55AXE is designed as a durable, weatherproof outdoor access point, it is important to note that it does not incorporate a hardware reset button in order to maintain its waterproof performance.

Here is the way to factory default it:
    1. Connect the AP (NWA55AXE) to a Zyxel PoE switch (e.g., GS1920 or XS1930) that supports Ethernet Neighbor.

2. Access the switch's GUI and navigate to the Status page > Neighbor link.

3. From the "Switch Neighbor" page, use the reset button to reset the Access Point.\

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!