Static IP adrress reservation on USGFLEX 200H

2»

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,152  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers
    edited July 16

Our client still obtains the IP address even if the client's name entered in the DHCP table list (e.g., Client_A) is different from the actual client's name (e.g., DESKTOP-JUDY).

That not what I'm seeing

No DHCP offer wrong name

DHCP with right name

Update 2

With more testing the problem is using underscore "_" in name which cause the DHCP to fail completely

Update 3

If a computer is named underscore "_" you it will get a IP from the DHCP server but if you reserved it in the table it fails to get its IP and causes other computers to fail to get a IP by DHCP

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,352  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @PeterUK ,

Thank you for providing your file and feedback. We were able to reproduce the issue when the client's name is set as an underscore (_) or other special characters.

We will contact you with any updates.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Hi PeterUK,

many thanks for digging into that. Would i be 30 years younger, i would/could have helped you. ;)

Meanwhile i have switched back to a ATP500 and all is fine there.

Have a nice day

Alexander

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,352  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @PeterUK ,

The issue of being unable to add an entry to the IP/MAC binding list when the name begins with "_" will be addressed in a future firmware update. Please follow the Security Appliance News & Releases section for updates on enhancements and fixes.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L