SecuExtender SSL VPN with VPN100 - Free on windows but not on MacOS

I have a VPN100 device operating my VPN in SSL tunneling. Most of my users are running windows, and they have no problem using SecuExtender SSL VPN 4.0.4.0 and connecting to the network.

However, users that use MacOS and install SecuExtender 1.2.6 for MacOS are able to log in at first, but eventually will get the message "Trial License Expired!". After that, they are unable to use the software anymore.

Is it true that the Windows Client (4.0.4.0) does not require a license, but the MacOS version does? If not, where do I find the MacOS equivalent to SecuExtender SSL VPN Client 4.0.4.0?

I did try to look into buying a license as well, but when I look up the product for software licensing, I see a notice that:
"SSL VPN is NOT COMPATIBLE with the USG/USG FLEX/ATP/VPN/ZyWALL series firewall."

I am using the VPN100, which makes it sound like buying this license is not what is intended for using SSL VPN with the VPN100 (if it's truly not compatible).

Could I get some guidance on how I can get my MacOS users to be able to connect to SSL VPN on my VPN100 device, long term? Either which software to use or which license to buy that will be compatible.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,483  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    Answer ✓

Hi @awb ,

Most of my users are running windows, and they have no problem using SecuExtender SSL VPN 4.0.4.0 and connecting to the network.

We believe that you have SecuExtender SSL VPN on your Windows device since a license is required for SSL VPN.

Could I get some guidance on how I can get my MacOS users to be able to connect to SSL VPN on my VPN100 device, long term? 

The SecuExtender for SSL VPN for macOS is no longer available. To use a VPN connection, we suggest considering L2TP or IPSec VPN for macOS.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,483  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    Answer ✓

Hi @awb ,

Most of my users are running windows, and they have no problem using SecuExtender SSL VPN 4.0.4.0 and connecting to the network.

We believe that you have SecuExtender SSL VPN on your Windows device since a license is required for SSL VPN.

Could I get some guidance on how I can get my MacOS users to be able to connect to SSL VPN on my VPN100 device, long term? 

The SecuExtender for SSL VPN for macOS is no longer available. To use a VPN connection, we suggest considering L2TP or IPSec VPN for macOS.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Service & License Help Center