Grey Icon with lock on Smart Mesh settings

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 201  Master Member
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hello everyone,

I'm curious about the reason why there is an icon with a lock on it greyed out on Smart Mesh settings:

On other Sites I have it green.

Which is its function?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,327  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    Answer ✓

Hi @GiuseppeR ,

We have fixed the issue with the lock icon on the Smart Mesh configuration. Please check your site and confirm that it is resolved.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @GiuseppeR ,

The greyed-out lock icon on the Smart Mesh settings indicates that the Smart Mesh setting of this access point (AP) follows the configuration specified in the global Smart Mesh settings under Configure > Access points > AP & port setting.

If the icon is green on other sites, it means the Smart Mesh setting of those APs does not follow the global Smart Mesh configuration.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• GiuseppeR
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch
    edited July 15

Hello @Zyxel_Judy

I'm sorry but I don't understand the point, I think there is a bug in Nebula.

I have a grey icon (so the AP follows "global Smart Mesh settings under Configure > Access points > AP & port setting") and green icon (so the AP does not follow "global Smart Mesh settings under Configure > Access points > AP & port setting") at the same time as seen below

Company A, LITE60 as root.

This is the situation of both APs linked to it:

I cannot click on that grey icon.

To have that green lock on I have to switch off previous virtual switch:

Looking into AP settings I have:

So it seems that it has a logic that follows your guide.

Company B, no firewall or security router.

I have a cable linked AP to router (model NWA1123-AC PRO) to start a mesh network with that view:

How it is possible to have both virtual switch on?

But, adding to this, I have a pair of APs with the grey/green icon and their behaviour seems strange.

I clicked on the green lock you see below and saved its preferences:

So now I have this view on the AP named "AP_PT_Ingresso":

To have it green again I have to follow the same steps seen in Company A.

The other AP always inside Company B has this view:

As you can see I have a pair of APs (model NWA1123ACv3) offline. Maybe that is causing this chaos?

Company B has the same config as Company A under AP & port section:

I'm at your disposal

• Zyxel_Judy
    edited July 17

Hi @GiuseppeR ,

Thank you for your screenshot.

Regarding the behavior of your "Company B" site, we have confirmed an issue with the smart mesh lock button. We will investigate further and inform you of any findings.

As you can see I have a pair of APs (model NWA1123ACv3) offline. Maybe that is causing this chaos?

We believe that when testing the issue, there is the step of disabling the global Smart Mesh settings under Configure > Access Points > AP & Port Setting led to the AP's smart mesh being turned off, causing the Repeater AP to go offline. Once you enable Smart Mesh again, the AP should come back online.

• GiuseppeR

Hello @Zyxel_Judy

if you need to access the Company B to investigate the issue, please let me know.

Now I see this, the APs are online but there still the double green switch:

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @GiuseppeR ,

We were able to reproduce the issue on our end, so accessing your Company B site is not necessary.

Please await our update on this matter.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓

Hi @GiuseppeR ,

We have fixed the issue with the lock icon on the Smart Mesh configuration. Please check your site and confirm that it is resolved.

• GiuseppeR

Hello @Zyxel_Judy

great as usual:

Have a nice day

Nebula Tips & Tricks