Confused about licensing of Access point

Reg
Reg Posts: 13  Freshman Member
First Comment First Anniversary

I have the USG Flex 200 with Gold Security Pack. I just purchased my first access point (NWA50AX) and added it to my site. The access point shows as unlicensed. I thought that the Gold pack would give me what I need for my site. Is my access point licensed as part of my gold pack or do I need something else. If I need something else what is that?

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 655  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    edited July 16 Answer ✓

Hi @Reg

Regarding your query about the licensing of the NWA50AX access point, here's how it works:

The Gold Security Pack (GSP) includes a Nebula Pro Serice (NCC Pro) and security services for your USG FLEX 200, but it doesn't cover other devices.

To qualify your organization as a Pro organization, all devices must have NCC Pro licenses. However, the NWA50AX does not come with the NCC Pro license by default, which means your organization does not meet the requirements to be upgraded to a Pro organization.

Even without the Nebula Pro license for the NWA50AX, you can still utilize the security services included in the GSP for your USG FLEX 200.

In summary, although your organization may not meet the criteria for a Pro organization due to the lack of Nebula Pro licenses across all devices, you can still access the security services provided by GSP, ensuring comprehensive protection where licensed.

If you have any further questions or need additional clarification, feel free to ask.

Best regards

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Nami

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    Answer ✓

Hi @Reg

After removing the non-licensed devices from your organization, please navigate to the License & Inventory > Overview tab, and click the "Upgrade now" button. This should upgrade your organization back to Pro.

If you don't see the button or encounter any issues, please enable Zyxel Support Access, and we will assist with the investigation.

Thank you for your cooperation

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Nami

• Zyxel_Nami
    Answer ✓

Hi @Reg

One Gold Security Pack license is indeed for one device (like your USG FLEX 200). This Gold Security Pack license includes the Nebula Pro Pack license that upgrades your Nebula organization to Pro status.

However, to maintain this Pro status, all devices in your organization need each Nebula Pro Pack license that can be purchased separately. For example, when you have 5 devices in your organization, you need to have 5 units of Nebula Pro Pack licenses.

When other devices don't have the Nebula Pro Pack licenses, your organization will downgrade to Base status, affecting features like "Management Firmware Upgrade" and "Help Request" as you encountered.

Hope this clarifies things! Let me know if you have more questions.

Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited July 16 Answer ✓

Hi @Reg

Regarding your query about the licensing of the NWA50AX access point, here's how it works:

The Gold Security Pack (GSP) includes a Nebula Pro Serice (NCC Pro) and security services for your USG FLEX 200, but it doesn't cover other devices.

To qualify your organization as a Pro organization, all devices must have NCC Pro licenses. However, the NWA50AX does not come with the NCC Pro license by default, which means your organization does not meet the requirements to be upgraded to a Pro organization.

Even without the Nebula Pro license for the NWA50AX, you can still utilize the security services included in the GSP for your USG FLEX 200.

In summary, although your organization may not meet the criteria for a Pro organization due to the lack of Nebula Pro licenses across all devices, you can still access the security services provided by GSP, ensuring comprehensive protection where licensed.

If you have any further questions or need additional clarification, feel free to ask.

Best regards

Nami

• Reg
    edited August 1

Hello, So I allowed the license to expire on the wifi access point. Now I have lost the ability to do things I used to be able to do. For example, I can no longer manager firmware upgrades via nebula. I also can't create a help request. What do I need to do in order to restore the function? If I remove the wifi access point will that restore my ability to upgrade firmware on my flex200?

I removed the access point from my organization but I still don't have access. I am paying for the gold package but seemed to have lost most stuff.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Answer ✓

Hi @Reg

After removing the non-licensed devices from your organization, please navigate to the License & Inventory > Overview tab, and click the "Upgrade now" button. This should upgrade your organization back to Pro.

If you don't see the button or encounter any issues, please enable Zyxel Support Access, and we will assist with the investigation.

Thank you for your cooperation

Nami

• Reg

Thank you for restoring functionality. So that I understand, there is no way to have a mix of devices where my flex200 has full function for my gold license but the wifi access point is limited?

• Zyxel_Nami
    Answer ✓

Hi @Reg

One Gold Security Pack license is indeed for one device (like your USG FLEX 200). This Gold Security Pack license includes the Nebula Pro Pack license that upgrades your Nebula organization to Pro status.

However, to maintain this Pro status, all devices in your organization need each Nebula Pro Pack license that can be purchased separately. For example, when you have 5 devices in your organization, you need to have 5 units of Nebula Pro Pack licenses.

When other devices don't have the Nebula Pro Pack licenses, your organization will downgrade to Base status, affecting features like "Management Firmware Upgrade" and "Help Request" as you encountered.

Hope this clarifies things! Let me know if you have more questions.

Nami

Service & License Help Center