NR5103E antennas

Hi,

I see many others have asked this but I can't find an answer, so perhaps I can only receive this info by PM? That's fine if that's the case.

I'd like to know if there's any differences between the antenna connections on the NR5103E and if so what are those differences. E.g. are some connections only used for 4G and others 5G? Are some only for lower frequency and others higher frequency? Can all do MIMO? Can they do MIMO with separate SISO antennas, e.g. if I connect 4 SISO antennas could the modem still use them all to do MIMO?

Is there any way with the NR5103E to see if a transmitter is using MIMO?

All Replies

• Bob_C
    Bob_C Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Sixth Anniversary

Hi madbilly,

If we name the top antenna port as port 1, and the bottom antenna port as port 4, then port 1 is for frequency lower than 2.7 GHz, while port 3 is for C-bands. It means that port 1 is for most of LTE bands while port 3 is for main NR bands (n77, n78). On the other hand, port 2 and port 4 are receiving end for MIMO.

Unfortunately there's no UI display to check if and which MIMO configuration the NR5103E is using.

Regards,

Bob

• madbilly
    madbilly Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hi Bob,

That's helpful thanks. There are no 5G signals where we live, the highest frequency available is band 3 1800MHz and the other main one is band 20, 800MHz. Is there any point using ports 3 and 4, will they still be able to receive LTE with a suitable antenna? Or will only ports 1 and 2 be of any use for the lower frequencies like band 3 and 20? I was thinking of either a 4x4 MIMO antenna or two 2x2 MIMO antennas.

Consumer Product Help Center