SSL VPN

Ricky
Ricky Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

I have set up SSL VPN and as a user I can connect. However, the client is not getting a IP address from the Zyxel 110. the Firewall LAN1 IP scope is 192.168.11.1 - .254 , with a DHCP range of 192.168.11.10 - .254. When a SSL VPN client connects it shows connected, how the IP address given is 192.168.11.0 .... and nothing from the DHCP range. I am using SSL VPN client v4.0.3.0 and the firmware on the Firewall is v.4.33 (AAAA.0).

All Replies

• Ricky
    Ricky Posts: 3
    Disregard, I figured out the issue. The SSL VPN requires an assigned IP pool that is not on the local LAN1 scope.   I created a Virtual Scope under LAN1 and then added that as a RANGE in Object/Addresses.  once that was done I connected back the the SSLVPN and was handed out an IP within the Virtual Scope and life was good. 
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,357  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Ricky  

The VPN (SSL VPN/L2TP VPN) pool can’t overlap to other interfaces, otherwise the traffic unable pass into VPN tunnel successfully.

It’s good hard you found the reason of it. :+1: 

• DACataldo
    DACataldo Posts: 9
    edited June 2023

I have a similar issue where the vpn connects and i get 192.168.201.100 and the server is 192.168.200.1 but I keep getting an ACCESS BLOCK in the log when 201.100 tries to talk to 200.1. What is the issue, please?

• Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 734  Zyxel Employee

Hi @DACataldo ,

Greeting Forum, the default Network Extension Local IP is also 192.168.200.1. It should not overlap with your local subnet.

Please kindly change IP from 192.168.200.1 to anther one. Thanks

• DACataldo

Thank you for your reply. My global setting looks like yours. My subnet is 201 not 200 in the VPN config - do you mean like this?

Thank you so much!

• Zyxel_Kevin

Hi @DACataldo ,

Yes , I means replace the global extension IP from 192.168.200.1 to 192.168.X.X which is not used in your subnet.
    Address 192.168.200.1 is the same as your DNS server

• DACataldo
    edited June 2023

Thank you for helping. Now it gives me access to the WINS server (10.10.1.14) and also the internet. Still blocking everything else on the 10.10.1.0/24 network though. They get blocked by the default rule. What rule am I missing? Perhaps I should pay for Zycel advice? What is the correct Zyxel phone number that I am supposed to call to pay for someone to fix this for me? Thank you.

• Zyxel_Kevin

Hi @DACataldo ,

Please kindly check :

1)You have correct Zone for SSL VPN settings

2)You have default policy From SSLVPN zone to any

If the issue persist we can have remote session at 08:00~17:00 (UTC+8) . Thank you

• DACataldo
    edited June 2023

Thank you again for your response! Here is my SSL VPN policy and below that are my security policies:

It seems to have access to a couple IP addresses on 10.10.1.0/24 and no access to most of that network. And I am using SecuExtender 4.0.4.0 - should I be using 4.0.3.0?

Thank you again!

Dave

• Zyxel_Kevin

Hi @DACataldo ,

Could you provide remote GUI access for us.

I sent you my public IP by private message. You may only allow those for access.

Security Highlight