SCR50 AXE

yves3550
yves3550 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment First Anniversary

Hi,

I would like to know why my wan is rest to DHCP sometimes, perhaps when the firmware is updated.

I use external acces and need a fix IP from my box to the router, otherwise I have no external acces.
Any solution?

Thank's

Yves

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,483  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @yves3550 ,

Could you let us know whether SCR50AXE uses a static private IP or a static public IP for WAN?

By the way, please enable Zyxel support and provide us with the name of your Nebula organization/site here or via the private message by clinking to my account > Message.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• yves3550
    yves3550 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Comment First Anniversary

Hi,

I just activated the zyxel suuport. Organization Acces infoservices luxembourg, site maison

I just changed the WAN IP as you can see.

Thnak's

Yves

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,483  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @yves3550 ,

The WAN IP may switch from a static IP to DHCP when the internet becomes unreachable. If the connection is lost, the device attempts to roll back to the last good configuration, which in this case were the DHCP settings you configured on 2024-08-10 at 11:46:58 (UTC+2).

To prevent further instability in your internet connection led to the changed IP address, we recommend contacting your ISP to investigate the cause.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Security Highlight