HTTPS connection from EX3301-T0 to NAS drive WAN to LAN

PlymJohn
PlymJohn Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment

Hi, I have just had FTTH installed and my ISP has provided an EX3301-T0 router for connection to the internet.

This is all working well apart from the fact that I cannot connect from the Internet to my NAS drive. My NAS has DDNS set up and I can ping the domain name successfully. Also DDNS on the NAS is showing the correct external IP address.

I have set up port forwarding on the router to forward the appropriate ports to the LAN address of the NAS and have also tried various (i.e. many!!) different configurations of protocol (i.e. bespoke services) and ACL rules to allow inbound connections to the NAS.

The firewall is set to "Medium" i.e. Any → Any outbound allow and Any → Any inbound block but I believe that any inbound allow rule I configure should override the Any → Any block.

Sorry this is a bit long winded but any insights that anyone has as to how this should be configured and how I can make this work would really be very much appreciated, cos, frankly, it's doin' my 'ead in!!

Thanks

PlymJohn

Accepted Solution

• Peter2
    Peter2 Posts: 100  Ally Member
    5 Answers Community MVP 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Answer ✓

I think you should setup the dynamic DNS with the Router itself in the DNS section , you see the status in the menu then .

Do you really have a public IPv4 adress or are you behind a Carrier-grade NAT - so check out your public IP if its really your external IP or a IP from CGN I

All Replies

• Peter2
    Peter2 Posts: 100  Ally Member
    5 Answers Community MVP 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Answer ✓

I think you should setup the dynamic DNS with the Router itself in the DNS section , you see the status in the menu then .

Do you really have a public IPv4 adress or are you behind a Carrier-grade NAT - so check out your public IP if its really your external IP or a IP from CGN I

• PlymJohn
    PlymJohn Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Thanks for this Peter2 I shall certainly give this a go and see if it helps. You are probably absolutely right in that what I think of as the External IPv4 address is actually a CG Nat so will indeed check that out.

Consumer Product Help Center