iOS – Cannot loginto Nebula app

StefanZ
StefanZ Posts: 202  Master Member
First Comment First Answer Friend Collector Community MVP

iPhone 11 Pro Maxi
OS 17.6.1 (latest)
Latest Nebula App

I cannot log into the app with my saved credentials.

Password is valid, eMail is correct – compared it to my Mac Browser and it's 100% the same.

I just updated to 17.6.1 and it still won't work.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,483  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    edited September 4

Hi @StefanZ ,

While we don't have an iPhone 11 Pro Max to reproduce the issue, we successfully logged in using an iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 17.6.1 and Nebula 18.11, using the account and password method.

To better assist you, could you please provide the following information:

1. Whether you can sign in successfully to https://account.zyxel.com/users/sign_in with the browser (not Nebula APP) in your iPhone?
    2. Which account were you trying to sign in with on the Nebula app? Is it the same as your current Community account?
    3. Which sign in method did you use: account + password, Continue with Google, or Continue with Apple?
    4. Which version of the Nebula app are you using?

You can also provide a video recording of the sign-in process, which will help us check your issue more quickly.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• StefanZ
    edited September 4

#1 - Nope, Safari on iOS won't log me in either. Same error.

#2 - Same eMail address that I am using, yes.

#3 – Name + password, no Google, no Apple, no 2FA

#4 - Nebula Mobile v18.11

The video would just be "clicking formfields, allowing iOS to insert credentials, press button, get error".

Looking at the auto-filled form, I notice two things:
    1 - It capitalizes the first letter when typing it in. This is due to the eMail field not being of type "email", but "text". Your webdesigner might wanna look here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5171764/how-do-you-turn-off-auto-capitalisation-in-html-form-fields-in-ios
    Adding this should do the trick: autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="none"

2 - Safari iOS doesn't fill in both name and password, they have to be auto-filled on their own. I suspect that is due to the two fields lacking a surrounding <form> element.

• StefanZ

Ah and by the way: I get emails about "Login activity detected". So it is targeting the correct account, but somehow messes up recognizing the password.

The password itself is upper & lower case, numbers and underscores. No weird German Umlauts, Emojis or other shenanigans.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    edited September 5

Hi @StefanZ ,

Thank you for your feedback!

To investigate your case further, could you please provide two videos showing the following:

1. The unsuccessful sign-in process using the Nebula app on your iPhone.
    2. The successful sign-in process using your Mac browser.

If possible, please use JAM to record the videos: Jam

This will help us better understand the issue.

• StefanZ

Well it turns out that Safari in general declines to log me in.

iMac i9 | OSX 13.6.7 | Safari 17.5:
    Same error as on the iPhone.
    It worked once though, unclear why.
    Looking at the web console, there are errors that are not there when loading in Chrome.

It seems to me, that the PAT mechanism fails. Private Access Tokens (PAT) are an Apple technology to auth users and prevent them from having to solve captchas on web forms. This request fails with 401.

Before that you notice a 404/failing request to Google for credentials in Safari.

See these screenshots from the browsers' developer tabs.
    Safari has no plugins whatsoever (because I rarely use it on my Macs), Chrome has all adblockers disabled for this test (works well with adblockers in Chrome tho.).
    Login fails in private mode too.

And again: Any videos would just be me failing or succeeding logging in.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @StefanZ ,

It capitalizes the first letter when typing it in. 

The email field for Zyxel Accounts is case-insensitive. This means capitalization in email addresses does not affect the login process.
    For example, "Abc@zyxel.com.tw" and "abc@zyxel.com.tw" are treated as identical. Users can log in successfully regardless of whether they capitalize the first character or any other part of their email address.

• StefanZ

Mail addresses are also intrinsically lower case, so why let iOS capitalize it in the first place?
    Just set the correct field type, add a surrounding <form> and be rewarded with correct HTML :-)

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @StefanZ ,

Based on the screenshot you've provided, it appears that a Safari browser plugin may be interfering with the login process. To resolve this issue, we recommend the following steps:

• Review your Safari browser plugins.
    • Identify any plugins that might be affecting website logins or security features.
    • Temporarily disable or remove these plugins.
    • Attempt to log in to your Zyxel account again.

If you're unsure which plugin is causing the problem, you may want to disable all plugins and re-enable them one by one to isolate the issue.

• StefanZ

As I wrote previously:

"Safari has no plugins whatsoever (because I rarely use it on my Macs), Chrome has all adblockers disabled for this test (works well with adblockers in Chrome tho.)."

• Zyxel_Judy
    edited September 11

Hi @StefanZ ,

We found that Google reCAPTCHA is being blocked during your login attempt. If no plugins are affecting your browser, the issue may be related to your network. Could you try using a different network and attempt to log in again?

Nebula Tips & Tricks