UAG50 error loading login page

Fred_77
Fred_77 Posts: 120  Ally Member
100 Comments Third Anniversary First Answer Friend Collector

Hi There, for a couple of days it has no longer been possible to authenticate with the internal login page. Redirect to 1.1.1.1 says error loading page. By disabling authentication, clients can connect to the Internet without errors. The login page preview looks ok and all other parameters are also the same.
I've tried resetting/reconfiguring the device with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestion

All Replies

• Caroll
    Caroll Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

@Fred_77, have you made any configuration changes recently? What error is the device showing?

• Fred_77

Hi @Caroll, device is in place since 2017 and nothing is changed. UAG doesn't show any error. Everything seems working well, but clients can't see login page. In the afternoon i'll try a deeper investigation.

• Fred_77

Update: after some tests at the customer site, everything works fine except Mac devices with ios18 update. Those devices do not redirect to the login page.

But if the address 1.1.1.1 is manually typed into the address bar, the login page is displayed correctly.

At the moment this is the only workaround i've found.

Zyxel Team, ideas? (maybe a new firmware… nope, right?)

• Caroll
    Caroll Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @Fred_77, is the issue just with the Apple device, or are Android devices affected too? This model's been EOL for quite a while, so I'm not sure if support is still available.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 898  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @Fred_77

We’ve encountered similar issues where some users experienced difficulties with captive portal redirects on iPhone devices. A workaround that often helps is trying to access a website like http://neverssl.com/ , which can trigger the captive portal more reliably.

For Apple devices, there's a feature called Captive Network Assistant that sometimes interferes with the redirect process. You might want to disable this feature temporarily and see if that resolves the issue.

For more insights on iOS devices not automatically showing the captive portal, you can check out this forum thread:

Additionally, please ensure that your UAG50 is running the latest firmware version: UAG50_Firmware_3.00(AAZP.1)C0.zip. As the UAG50 has reached its end-of-life(EOL) status, there won’t be further development updates, so any compatibility issues due to newer technology may not be addressed through firmware enhancements.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L