Will the FWA710 work using a pay as you go SIM card?

Combinerbob
Combinerbob Posts: 8  Freshman Member
First Comment

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 991  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Combinerbob

Yes, you can use a prepaid SIM card with the Nebula FWA710. However, we recommend checking with your ISP to ensure there are no restrictions on hotspot usage or other limitations associated with the SIM card.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Combinerbob

Yes, you can use a prepaid SIM card with the Nebula FWA710. However, we recommend checking with your ISP to ensure there are no restrictions on hotspot usage or other limitations associated with the SIM card.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Combinerbob
    First Comment

The reason for asking is that there's a different APN for a prepaid SIM and I wondered if that was handled automatically.

• Combinerbob
    First Comment

The prepaid SIM card I have works well in a mobile phone with internet connection etc.

When In install it in my FWA710 I never get an internet connection.

My contract SIM card works in the FWA710 with no problems.

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @Combinerbob

If you'd like to manually configure the APN provided by your service provider on the Nebula FWA710, please refer to this guide:

If the issue persists, kindly connect your PC to the mobile router and take a screenshot of the Cellular Info page, showing the signal level. You can find it under Homepage > Cellular Info > click “>” to expand the full page. Please share the screenshot with us so we can further assist you.

Kay

• Combinerbob
    First Comment

FWA710.

I cannot login using Zyxel Air.

I ran Netspot and cannot find any wifi relating to Zyxel FWA710.

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @Combinerbob

The Nebula FWA710 is primarily designed as an outdoor 5G mobile router, providing internet connectivity through its LAN port to a secondary router. The built-in WiFi adapter is intended for initial setup and management purposes only. As a result, its SSID is broadcast for only the first 30 minutes after powering up. This design ensures a secure and straightforward installation process.

For more details on the FWA710’s intended use and WiFi interface, please refer to the product datasheet:

Nebula FWA710_3.pdf (zyxel.com)

Kay

• Combinerbob
    First Comment

I performed a factory reset and then I found the WiFi Zyxel_C467 but I am informed that my login is incorrect. I have have a message stating that "This username is currently invalid. Please retry after 4 mins"

Currently on my phone is: Username admin and the password is as printed on the FWA 710 label.

I have an amber led showing that the router wifi is on for management and a steady green led showing good signal.

• Combinerbob
    First Comment

Can I just use the Nebula app to optimise my signal level?

• Combinerbob
    First Comment

I performed another factory reset on the FWA710 and attempted to login using my browser but I get "username or password is not correct".

I have checked and double checked and the username and password I entered is exactly as per the label.

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @Combinerbob

Has your Nebula FWA710 been registered to the Nebula cloud before? If so, the login credentials would have been overwritten by the ones set in Nebula Control Center (NCC). For more details, you can check out this article:

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks