SCR50AXE - Wifi issues when connecting a mobile phone

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 247  Master Member
Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula First Comment Friend Collector

Hello,

today I saw a strange behaviour on a SCR50AXE.

I tried to connect wirelessly a new Motorola to this security router and it did not work both in DHCP and in static IP. Very strange, I'm going to investigate that again.

Anyway I see right now that this afternoon the SCR50AXE went offline a pair of times, apparently at the same time when the new mobile phone was trying to connect via Wi-Fi:

Is there anyone who got similar issues?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 655  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @GiuseppeR

Anyway I see right now that this afternoon the SCR50AXE went offline a pair of times, apparently at the same time when the new mobile phone was trying to connect via Wi-Fi

⇒ Is this new mobile phone the same device you mentioned earlier (the Motorola)?

Some common reasons for going offline from Nebula include no internet connection or the inability to reach the gateway. Did you observe if the internet was stable on other network devices during that time?

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Nami

• GiuseppeR
    GiuseppeR Posts: 247  Master Member
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula First Comment Friend Collector

Hello @Zyxel_Nami

yes the Motorola was trying to connect to that wifi, not being able to get DHCP or static IP (tried multiple times, writing the SSID manually, checking the password too…).

That Motorola seems to have really strange behaviour, but I'm pretty sure that the problem is the phone: I'm going to ask the owner to give me that phone to test it in my lab

Considering the fact that I had other wifi devices linked to that SCR50AXE and considering that simultaneosly with Motorola failing connections I saw the security router offline I suspected a crash for some reasons.

Still investigating it.

I'll update you

Nebula Tips & Tricks