missing security options

Dpj
Dpj Posts: 27  Freshman Member
First Comment First Anniversary

I miss a few security settings which can be done easily onpremise with Zyxel.

Mac based Vlans

Port Security (mac learning)

I really hope all on premise options (especially security) will come to Nebula!

yours dennis

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,253  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @Dpj,

Could you share the specific scenario or application where you would like to use MAC-based VLAN? Your detail feedback will help us evaluate the feasibility of implementing this feature.

For the port security part, we already have this feature on Nebula, which is under Configure > Switches > Authentication page. You may reference this FAQ:

How to configure MAC Authentication via Nebula Cloud Authentication Server (NCAS) on Nebula switch — Zyxel Community

• Dpj

does the usf flex also have port security?. I would like to prevent someone can plug in an cable to the USG and can gain access to the network of the customer. what are other common solutions for this?

• Dpj

We were thinking for a situation like this: we put the devices we know on a specific vlan (so mac based vlan) and this are the pc's from the customer. We want to prevent that others can enter this vlan. al others go to an other vlan.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,262  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    edited October 17

so this is MAC based vlan but you should note that it is not security due to to way it works

Nebula Tips & Tricks