How can I change the categories of event on when using a local syslog server

ColinS
ColinS Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Comment

I am using a local syslog server for one of my sites and the verbosity of the logs is generating huge amounts of data, how can I select only the events I want to see?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,483  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    Answer ✓

Hi @ColinS ,

Currently, Nebula pushes all logs to the local syslog server. If you'd like to save specific logs on your syslog server, you can develop a filter feature when developing your local server. This allows you to save only the events you want.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @ColinS ,

Are you referring to this feature? If so, currently, there is no option to select specific events or log types to save.

Could you let us know which Zyxel device you're using and what type of log you want to save separately? Additionally, please share the reason for this request.

• ColinS
    ColinS Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Hi Judy,

Yes, the syslog server AP log is the feature I am using and it is directed to a local device.

The device(s) I am using is (are) two NWA1123-AC Pro.

The log I want to capture is the system events, device registration including roaming and potentially the data stats per device. And any security alerts, errors or failures which may occur

The reason for the request is I am trying to develop a local server to allow logging across the lan for performance in all eventualities but since migrating from local management to Nebula management the verbosity of the syslog is rendering too many events on the syslog and I cannot control the event log options

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓

Hi @ColinS ,

Currently, Nebula pushes all logs to the local syslog server. If you'd like to save specific logs on your syslog server, you can develop a filter feature when developing your local server. This allows you to save only the events you want.

Nebula Tips & Tricks