Nebula FWA515 Firmware 1.70 Falls Short of Expectations – Community Request for an Exceptional Firmw
All Replies
-
Hi @misyscom,
There is a section for ideas on Mobile Broadband; can you write these ideas in this section, so people can vote it?
1 -
Disappointed by the Lack of Follow-Up and Engagement from Zyxel
Hello Zyxel Team,
I would like to express my disappointment with the lack of follow-up and engagement regarding the firmware enhancement proposal I submitted for the Nebula FWA515.
When Zyxel asked me to provide detailed use cases and deployment scenarios, I took that request seriously and spent considerable time preparing a detailed technical document covering real-world enterprise deployments, cellular optimization, diagnostics, VLANs, routing, automation, monitoring, API/SNMP/SSH, USB functionality, engineering diagnostics, and other areas.
I also provided important context regarding my actual experience with the product, including the fact that I manage more than 20 FWA515 units in production environments, in addition to previous generations of Zyxel 5G devices.
My intention was never simply to ask for features and walk away. I explicitly offered to provide:
- Deployment diagrams
- Network topologies
- Configuration examples
- Diagnostic logs
- Comparison results
- Structured technical feedback
- Beta firmware testing
- Validation of future firmware releases
In other words, I tried to provide exactly the type of information that a development team would need to evaluate these requests properly.
However, after providing the detailed information requested by Zyxel, there has been no meaningful technical follow-up from the Zyxel development or product team regarding the proposals.
This is particularly disappointing because the FWA515 is positioned as a business-class 5G solution, and the issues discussed are not merely cosmetic feature requests. Many of them directly affect deployment, troubleshooting, reliability, network management, and operational efficiency.
What makes this even more frustrating is that other community members have also expressed support for these ideas, and some users have reported actual problems following firmware 1.70. One community member specifically described connectivity problems after upgrading from 1.60 to 1.70 and stated that the device would benefit from stronger support and developer engagement. Another user explicitly supported the proposed ideas.
I understand that Zyxel cannot implement every requested feature, and I am not expecting every suggestion to be accepted.
What I am expecting is communication.
Even a response such as:
"This feature is being considered."
"This feature cannot be implemented due to hardware limitations."
"This request has been forwarded to the development team."
"This functionality is planned for a future firmware release."
or simply:
"This is not currently on our roadmap."
would be much better than silence.
The most frustrating situation for a customer who has invested significant time and money in a product is to provide detailed, constructive feedback when specifically requested, only to receive no further communication afterward.
I genuinely like Zyxel hardware and have recommended Zyxel products because of the quality of the hardware and the potential of the platform. That is precisely why I am investing the time to provide this feedback instead of simply moving to another vendor.
The FWA515 has very capable hardware, but its long-term value depends heavily on continued firmware development and meaningful engagement with the professional users who deploy these devices.
I therefore respectfully ask Zyxel to provide an actual update on this proposal:
- Has the detailed proposal been reviewed by the FWA515 development/product team?
- Which of the requested features are technically feasible?
- Are any of them being considered for future firmware releases?
- Are there any features that Zyxel has explicitly decided not to implement?
- Is there a firmware roadmap or development direction that can be shared with the community?
- Would Zyxel be willing to involve experienced FWA515 users in beta testing or technical validation?
I am still willing to cooperate and provide additional technical information, testing, logs, and real-world deployment feedback.
However, continued silence after such a detailed technical submission is extremely discouraging.
I sincerely hope Zyxel will treat this feedback as an opportunity to demonstrate that the company is listening to its professional customers and is committed to the long-term development of the FWA515 platform.
We are not asking Zyxel to implement everything. We are asking Zyxel to communicate with us and tell us what is actually possible, what is being considered, and what is not.
I look forward to a substantive response from the Zyxel development or product team.
Regards,
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 442 Beta Program
- 3.1K Nebula
- 241 Nebula Ideas
- 6.8K Security
- 755 USG FLEX H Series
- 380 Security Ideas
- 1.8K Switch
- 87 Switch Ideas
- 1.5K Wireless
- 58 Wireless Ideas
- 7.2K Consumer Product
- 321 Service & License
- 512 News and Release
- 99 Security Advisories
- 31 Education Center
- 10 [Campaign] Zyxel Network Detective
- 5.3K FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 90 About Community
- 119 Security Highlight
Master Member
Freshman Member