Multy X (WSQ50) - request for latest firmware USB version

Options
Alexey0204
Alexey0204 Posts: 4 image  Freshman Member

Title: Multy X (WSQ50) - request for latest firmware V2.20(ABKJ.8)C0 (USB version)

Hello,

I recently bought an apartment that came with several Multy X (WSQ50) units already installed. They were set up by the previous owner and, as far as I can tell, were never updated - the label shows a 2018 manufacturing date.

I am unable to manage them with the Multy app. The symptoms match discussion 29218 ("Multy X Setup Issues") exactly:

  • The app opens to the home screen and stays on "Connecting..." indefinitely.
  • If I factory reset a unit and run the setup wizard, I can create a Wi-Fi network and the unit works fine as a router. Wi-Fi and internet are working right now. But the setup fails at the very last step with a Bluetooth error ("Couldn't activate your Multy").
  • After that, reopening the app shows the same home screen stuck on "Connecting...", and "Add Multy" only offers to add to a new empty site. It does not see the existing site at all.

What I have already tried:

  • Multiple factory resets (held the reset button 8-15 seconds until fast red blinking, then waited for blinking blue)
  • Running the setup without logging into an account
  • Reinstalling the app, and reinstalling again after restarting the phone
  • Verifying Bluetooth, Location and Local Network permissions for the app in iOS settings
  • Powering off all other Multy units so that only one is active during setup
  • Keeping the phone directly next to the unit throughout the process
  • Confirming the WAN port has a working internet connection

I am using an iPhone with the latest Multy app from the App Store.

I cannot update the firmware through the app because the app never finishes connecting, and the WSQ50 is no longer listed in the Download Library.

Could you please send me the latest firmware in the USB recovery format, together with the installation instructions?

Device model: Multy X (WSQ50)
I can provide the serial number and MAC address by private message if you need them.

I have several units in total and will most likely need to flash each one, so instructions covering that would be very helpful.

Thank you very much for your help.

All Replies

  • Zyxel_Tina
    Zyxel_Tina Posts: 1,010
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch 250 Answers 500 Comments
    image  Zyxel Employee
    edited September 11
    Options

    Hi @Alexey0204,

    Please be aware that the Multy series has reached its End of Life (EoL) status, which means our support for this model is now limited. For optimal performance and ongoing support, we recommend considering our current AP offerings:

    Wireless | Zyxel Networks

    Zyxel Tina

Consumer Product Help Center