[NEBULA] What are the administrator privileges that can be configured on Nebula?
Nebula supports a range of privileges that can be assigned to an administrator account, according to its role.
Once an organization has been created, Organization owner could add more administrators by clicking the +Add button in Organization-wide > Administrators. Here, it is only necessary to input the administrator name, email, if activated or not, and the access privileges which will be explained as follow:
Defines the access of the admin in the organization level.
- Full (Delegate owner's authority enabled): The administrator account has delegated owner privileges. This type of account can perform all of the same actions as the organization owner, except for the following:
- Delete organization
- Transfer organization ownership
- Assign delegate owner privileges to an administrator account
- Full: admin can modify every setting of the organization and all sites.
- Read-Only: admin can only see organization-wide settings but cannot modify them. This admin might have specific site privileges. If sites privilege is not specified, the admin will have site read-only access by default.
- None: admin cannot access Organization-wide pages. This admin must have specific site privileges defined, otherwise, access will not be given.
For admins that manage one or more sites under the organization. This field will only be available by choosing Read-Only or None in Organization access.
- Full: admin can see monitoring pages, add devices, and change settings in the site.
- Read-Only: admin can see all pages including settings, but cannot change configuration and cannot add devices.
- Monitor-Only: admin can only see the site's monitor pages.
- Installer: admin can register devices in the site, and access device detail pages.
- Guest Ambassador: admin can only create, remove or manage guest accounts using the Site-wide Cloud Authentication screen.
Note: administrators need to use the same account added above when signing up into Nebula Control Center.
As mentioned above, there is one more role called "Owner" which is assigned to the administrator account that creates the organization, who has full access to the organization, and it cannot be deleted by other administrators. MSP features is only visible and modifiable for owner account. Owner account can be transferred by using "Change owner" button at Organization-wide > Administrators page.
- All Categories
- 192 Beta Program
- 1.7K Nebula
- 93 Nebula Ideas
- 63 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.7K Security
- 236 Security Ideas
- 1.1K Switch
- 51 Switch Ideas
- 920 WirelessLAN
- 28 WLAN Ideas
- 5.4K Consumer Product
- 174 Service & License
- 296 News and Release
- 114 Success Stories
- 65 Security Advisories
- 14 Education Center
- 1K FAQ
- 453 Nebula FAQ
- 258 Security FAQ
- 100 Switch FAQ
- 115 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 22 Consumer Product FAQ
- 67 Service & License FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 69 About Community
- 52 Security Highlight